• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shldonator

Oakley Expert
If you’re shopping for sunglasses, you may be wondering about the best lenses to protect your eyes. And this will likely include Oakley Prizm vs. Polarized lenses.

Here’s what you need to know about both Oakley Prizm and Polarized sunglasses lenses and which is better for your sunglasses.

Prizm vs. Polarized Lenses Summary

Prizm-vs.-Polarized-Infographic.png

What are Polarized Lenses?

Polarized lenses or Polarization is a filter that blocks the reflection of horizontal light from surfaces, such as wet pavement or a car. This horizontal light is also known as glare and can cause eye fatigue, headaches, and more.

Key Benefits of Polarized Lenses

Protect your eyes from harmful UV rays that hurt your eyes Reduce the need to squint in sunny environments by blocking glareIncreased visibility so you can drive, ski, fish or do just about...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Prizm-vs.-Polarized-Infographic.png
    430.9 KB · Views: 624
    430.9 KB · Views: 668
    430.9 KB · Views: 355
    430.9 KB · Views: 225
    418.7 KB · Views: 259
    418.7 KB · Views: 47
    418.7 KB · Views: 51
    418.7 KB · Views: 47
    418.7 KB · Views: 43
    418.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
just to add a bit of my personal opinion on the daily prism if hat is one of your options
i think they are like a less rose looking VR28 polarized but with even more contrast wow factor

I work as a driver. I have a pair of black iridium polarized Badman. They are excellent for blocking out sunshine, especially here in California where we are suffering an *apocalyptic* drought and there is relentless sunshine every day even during the winter. We're lucky to get some clouds. I rarely take them off.

The weakness of polarized: whenever the sky is overcast, or in the forest, or as the sun is setting, they are way too dark and I have to strain my eyes to see anything. Maybe this is more of an issue with black iridium. So its nice to have an alternate lens to wear in shaded areas/cloudy days/indoors/late afternoons. My newest Flak Jacket 2.0 Prizm Road is excellent for this function. They are more like vision-enhancers than traditional sunglasses. The world actually looks "corrected" through Prizm. They are better than our natural eyesight. But polarized are far superior for dealing with glare.

I'd recommend getting both!

that's a more eloquent description of what i meant
it's like enhanced vision
i described it as turning my normal led tv into a amoled tv with hyper contrast but still with full colour

I concur with much of what you said.

Living in the Phoenix area, I used BI or Ice polarized most of the time because it's nearly always a bright sunshine day. When the Road Prizm lenses came out I gave them a try. They aren't as dark as I would like, but I love the tint, and my perception of how dark of a lens I need has changed.

I picked up a pair of Twoface DPP, and I think that lens might be a perfect balance of light transmission, and contrast tint.

Tomorrow I'll pickup a set of DPP lenses for Flak Jackets, and test them out for road cycling in bright sunshine.
I work as a driver. I have a pair of black iridium polarized Badman. They are excellent for blocking out sunshine, especially here in California where we are suffering an *apocalyptic* drought and there is relentless sunshine every day even during the winter. We're lucky to get some clouds. I rarely take them off.

The weakness of polarized: whenever the sky is overcast, or in the forest, or as the sun is setting, they are way too dark and I have to strain my eyes to see anything. Maybe this is more of an issue with black iridium. So its nice to have an alternate lens to wear in shaded areas/cloudy days/indoors/late afternoons. My newest Flak Jacket 2.0 Prizm Road is excellent for this function. They are more like vision-enhancers than traditional sunglasses. The world actually looks "corrected" through Prizm. They are better than our natural eyesight. But polarized are far superior for dealing with glare.

I'd recommend getting both!

We are all going to end up telling you what we like best.

I personally love Black Iridium Polarized as it darkens everything down while reducing glare and also keeps everything natural looking without contrast.

Being that you're in Florida that would probably be my choice.

Back