• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polarized Summit Series And Another Craftsman

• Thread starter Deleted member 790
  • Start date
I can't get excited about Frogskins anymore, they always turn out to be less than the promise they hype creates.

Everyone went batsh*t when they heard the names Dropoff and Lagoon for the Aquatique series because the names conjure up all kinds of colour pallets. Turns out they were just polished Summits with the stems swapped out. Same with Glacier Radars, which turned out to only be a light blue, or the Sulphur Deuce Coupe Frogskins, which were Acid Green Frogskins with a crappy graphic added to one stem.

Snow Deck makes it sound like they'll be distressed like the Skate Deck, and we've all seen the silly hype those have.

For some reason I never got excited about the Aquatique... But the Skate and Surf Decks made me properly excited. The upcoming Eric Koston makes me excited as well (chrome iridium) and now the Snow Deck! I can't wait!
I agree though. There's been a lot of useless hype for remakes of old frames the last year or so. But that's why the the -deck collection is exciting. And Koston. Loved the first. Had to have the second. Most likely will be getting the third as soon as possible! Oh, and even though I'm not a massive SW fan, I wouldn't mind him doing a frogskins of his upcoming Holbrook. Polished Clear w/ 24K polarized on a frogskins would be pretty legen......dary !!

For some reason I never got excited about the Aquatique... But the Skate and Surf Decks made me properly excited. The upcoming Eric Koston makes me excited as well (chrome iridium) and now the Snow Deck! I can't wait!
I agree though. There's been a lot of useless hype for remakes of old frames the last year or so. But that's why the the -deck collection is exciting. And Koston. Loved the first. Had to have the second. Most likely will be getting the third as soon as possible! Oh, and even though I'm not a massive SW fan, I wouldn't mind him doing a frogskins of his upcoming Holbrook. Polished Clear w/ 24K polarized on a frogskins would be pretty legen......dary !!

Legendary indeed! Frogs with chrome lenses are wayyyy overdue!

The first three frogskins by Koston were great and I am sure the forth will be just as good. I hope it a limited production and not just a general production. Thanks again for info sander

I can't get excited about Frogskins anymore, they always turn out to be less than the promise they hype creates.

Everyone went batsh*t when they heard the names Dropoff and Lagoon for the Aquatique series because the names conjure up all kinds of colour pallets. Turns out they were just polished Summits with the stems swapped out. Same with Glacier Radars, which turned out to only be a light blue, or the Sulphur Deuce Coupe Frogskins, which were Acid Green Frogskins with a crappy graphic added to one stem.

Snow Deck makes it sound like they'll be distressed like the Skate Deck, and we've all seen the silly hype those have.

[video=youtube;dQpN6kIVm6Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQpN6kIVm6Y[/video]

*video snip*

LOL

I feel jk on this issue, but we just have to be patient and hope Oakley gives us a good release once in a while to make it possible to ignore the rubbish.

On a side note, I love the polarized Acid Blue frogs. Just received a pair in the mail yesterday, and I wish they would have just been released in this combo originally. Much better looking than the original Acid Blue release sitting near my new polarized pair.