• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Carbon X Squared Fuse Cosmic Lenses

they look nice. I wonder if a donor Oakley lens can be custom cut?
IH split jackets
uploadfromtaptalk1444451832941.jpeg

No fake lenses for me :)

I put aftermarket lenses in my XMetals so I can preserve the pristineness of the OEMs, may have to sell someday and factory scratch free lenses are marketable.

I may sound like a broken record. But everything is getting pricey and a lot of the cheaper frames have lenses that shouldn't even be sold. The fact of the matter is a that most people need to take a pragmatic approach and can't or won't want to pay outlandish prices for daily wear lenses.

Looking at what is available in the aftermarket lense category. There are some interesting options. We have to take into account that improvements in lense technology has improved significantly of the years. I can quite believe that these lenses are beginning to be comparable with Oakley's offering and should not be dismissed off hand.

I have recently purchased some @ikon lenses and look forward to their report on the optical quality. So far I am very happy with this lens and optical quality appears to be good and the lense is slightly thinner than original Oakley. However, as stated many times what appears to be OK is not optically 100%.

Love the look, but I have to say that using it more than a two hours at a time makes my eyes tired. I can see how these lenses would cause some to get a headache.
I guess this will prove what the advocates of Oakley lenses are talking about. At this point I am not taking either side. However, I acknowledge that you need to be able to wear them solidly without feeling eye strain.

Back