• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Clear Jawbone

its a knockoff. the jawbone fakes are REAL CLOSE, except lenses dont fit from original frames. MiLk bought one for ****s and giggles - best $30 or whatever he ever spent, just to troll us at one of the regular oakley meets we had

I thought someone stripped the paint from a pair to make this. I know the arms from my Fast is made from clear plastic but don't know if the orbitals are. I'd love a clear Fast Jacket and even a clear Jawbone.

I'm dissapointed this is a fake. Bummer!

I've seen this clear jawbone on some chinese fake page some time ago. I think they look really cool. Authentic Racing Jacket/jawbone with crystal frame would be uber cool.

I thought someone stripped the paint from a pair to make this. I know the arms from my Fast is made from clear plastic but don't know if the orbitals are. I'd love a clear Fast Jacket and even a clear Jawbone.

I'm dissapointed this is a fake. Bummer!
I SERIOUSLY doubt you could actually strip the paint off a pair of Clear frames to have them look like "polished" clear ever again. The paint usually bites into the plastic and it'd be a nightmare trying to get them shiny again...
Tim

I SERIOUSLY doubt you could actually strip the paint off a pair of Clear frames to have them look like "polished" clear ever again. The paint usually bites into the plastic and it'd be a nightmare trying to get them shiny again...
Tim

The plastic is not soft where the solvents from the paint "bite" into the plastic. I've painted my Flak Jacket a couple of times using straight automotive lacquer without any effect of the plastic. Even if the plastic was effected by the solvents a little sanding with VERY fine sandpaper and polishing can make it real nice. I've taken a SI Flak Jacket with a matte textured finish and sanded off the texture and polished it so it looks like a factory polished finish.

There is a thread where someone removed the paint from a clear to fade frame and made it all clear. I can't remember what frame it was though. Perhaps someone can chime in.

So it can be done.

Back