• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Clear Jawbone

The plastic is not soft where the solvents from the paint "bite" into the plastic. I've painted my Flak Jacket a couple of times using straight automotive lacquer without any effect of the plastic. Even if the plastic was effected by the solvents a little sanding with VERY fine sandpaper and polishing can make it real nice. I've taken a SI Flak Jacket with a matte textured finish and sanded off the texture and polished it so it looks like a factory polished finish.

There is a thread where someone removed the paint from a clear to fade frame and made it all clear. I can't remember what frame it was though. Perhaps someone can chime in.

So it can be done.

monster dog brown fade and whiskey can be stripped clear..

the only way to get an AUTHENTIC clear JB frame is to strip back a BMX frame..its clear underneath the FMJ chrome..

I'd like both! Would be cool to have either. Been looking a the chrome frames Dr. Chop is doing and really like them.

monster dog brown fade and whiskey can be stripped clear..

Yeah, that's the one I remember seeing. I knew someone would come through. Thanks Brian.

He responded:

Dear ***_owl,

are you sure? thanks for the heads up someone gave it to me and gave me wrong info if thats the case

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: *******
Subject: Other: ***_owl sent a message about OAKLEY JAWBONE MENS SPORT SUNGLASSES 3 LENSES Authentic Polished Clear #110992073561
Sent Date: Dec-24-12 12:46:55 PST

Dear ********,

Just a heads up, unless you have the only pair of Clear Jawbones ever made, those are replicas. Would hate to see your 100% feedback tarnished.
A

- ***_owl

Latest Posts

Back