• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Frames

The Saint

I should Work at Oakley
I've seen polished x metal frames. Is this something that has been offered by Oakley, or do people actually are these?

Also add to the above, Romeo 2 and Half X. I polished a pair of plasma Juliets.

How did they turn out? I'm still working on mine. Pics?

Here is a pic, the top pair is the Juliets I polished. The bottom pair is a stock polished Juliet w/fire polarized for the OP to show the hammerstems. Polishing was a chore, used 300 grit to remove the plasma. I followed up with 400 to 600 then 1500 grit. Final polish was with a dremel and blue magic polish. Oakley HQ took them apart for me and popped new rivets and rubber after I polished the component parts. Both visits were no charge while I waited, gota love that customer service. Are you taking yours apart to polish? If not use caution with a dremel on or near the nose bridge. The metal will heat up and possibly destroy the rubber in the bridge.

PolishedJuliets.jpg

PolishedJulietDetail.jpg

Here is a pic, the top pair is the Juliets I polished. The bottom pair is a stock polished Juliet w/fire polarized for the OP to show the hammerstems. Polishing was a chore, used 300 grit to remove the plasma. I followed up with 400 to 600 then 1500 grit. Final polish was with a dremel and blue magic polish. Oakley HQ took them apart for me and popped new rivets and rubber after I polished the component parts. Both visits were no charge while I waited, gota love that customer service. Are you taking yours apart to polish? If not use caution with a dremel on or near the nose bridge. The metal will heat up and possibly destroy the rubber in the bridge.

PolishedJuliets.jpg

PolishedJulietDetail.jpg

Wow. They look really good. Does sound like a lot of work though! Thanks for all the replies.

Back