• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Juliet- How To Polish?

Thanks for everyone!
(but I think I should get out the lenses first before I try any kind of polish?)

So I just try hard and it will be nice as new?

[quote="Haga, post: 242894, member: 5191
(but I think I should get out the lenses first before I try any kind of polish?)[/quote]

Yes, that's a must do. Good luck.

THEY ARE NOT AIR BUBBLES,THATS WHAT THE SAND CASTING LOOKS LIKE WHEN THEY POUR THE METAL.2ND AND 3RD GEN X-METALS USE A LOST WAX METHOD OF CASTING WHICH LEAVES A MUCH SMOOTHER FINISH.THAT IS WHY ONLY THE LATER MODELS ARE POLISHED AND PLASMA COATED.1ST GEN PLASMA IS ONLY AN ANNODIZED SILVER FINISH.

The OP's are polished 3rd gen lost wax with pits, not from a sand casting. My 3rd gen plasma had pits as well. Pits, voids, air bubbles, whatever caused the pit you will have to get to the bottom of it for a mirror polish.

I have a 1st gen polished frame. I tried to polish them, then I sent them to someone else to try and polish them and it didn't make a mark. I finally took them to a jeweler in downtown LA who was able to get it done.

Head over to adamspolishes.com don't know if I'm allowed to plug companies on this forum. They make premium car detailing products. They have a a 2 step metal polish with microfiber pads. 110% money back Warrenty, made in the USA and awesome service. I use their detail spray on my fuel cell frames.

Get a Dremel tool and some of the felt polishing wheels. I use Blue Magic metal polish. The polished Juliet are not coated and is the bare titanium. Use some caution on the nose bridge to not get it to hot, it may damage the rubber.
I striped and polished a plasma Juliet and have tuned up a few polished this way. Good luck, any ?'s PM me, I would be glad to assist.

PolishedJuliets.jpg
PolishedJulietDetail.jpg
Nice job bro, I wish mine would be as nice like yours when it loses it's shine...