1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

I know they have a different arm to all others, is there a reason other than aesthetics?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Not really, though non-hammers seem to fit inside helmets (motorcycle, car racing) better.
    And polished looks bitching.

3. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

I believe the hammer stems fits a bigger head more rather that the regular and imo it looks cool and unique the polish frames is my favorite it really is a attention grabber you will definitely get noticed.

4. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Aside from carguy's point about straight stems fitting better in helmets, it's been shown that hammers and straights fit the same - if you line up two pairs, you'll the the stems' positions match once you get past the dogleg.

Personally, my polished pairs seem to fit a bit tighter, but I think that's due to the LG t-shox I have in them.

Here's some more info about hammers on Juliets:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/hammer-earstems-on-juliets.28451/#post-319228

5. dave m

dave m Oakley Enthusiast

Ta for that everyone, I like the look of the polished just wondered if they would fit differently overall. Have to keep an eye out for a pair (along with all the others)

6. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

I find the hammerstem version gives a little more clearance at the temples when putting on and removing the glasses and they definitely have a more aggressive appearance to them.