• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Juliet Variations

Could the earlier pair be from when they still used sand casting, before they switched to lost wax? I don't know how the timing lines up between the switch of casting methods and the release of Juliets with a polished finish...

Could the earlier pair be from when they still used sand casting, before they switched to lost wax? I don't know how the timing lines up between the switch of casting methods and the release of Juliets with a polished finish...
Exactly.......

Very possibly. I wonder when the density changed with them becoming lighter, as my later PB serial polished pair feels just as heavy as the early pair.

Dont think there is a difference in weight, however they may have alloyed the recipe to make it flow better in the molding process.

Dont think there is a difference in weight, however they may have alloyed the recipe to make it flow better in the molding process.
I would say there is a noticeable difference in the weight of newer polished frames for sure. I only wish id weighed a certain unserialised pair I once owned which was unbelievably light in comparison. I believe the Ichiro frames I have are lighter and will have to check on this.

I have some 5th gen SKU frames I can weigh compared to serial ones. Don't have precision scales mind...

So the SKU frames were both marginally heavier than the JB and JG serialled frames.

Last edited:
I have some 5th gen SKU frames I can weigh compared to serial ones. Don't have precision scales mind...

So the SKU frames were both marginally heavier than the JB and JG serialled frames.
I'm not sure regarding the sku frames. I would assume them to be potentially lighter than the early polished variants. My Ichiro and previously owned unserialised polished frames were noticeably lighter in the hand. I also do not own precision scales but will try to locate a pair for this.

The second part was post-weighing - the SKU glasses were (a bit) heavier than the serialled ones.

It seems that later unserialized polished frames (like pol/fire) seemed pretty light. Maybe that was an impression garnered from the slick finish of them that reminded me of FMJ's. I'm sure some forum member out in Colorado has a digital scale and could weigh a few. :)