• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Juliet with Chrome Polarized Iridium lenses....

I will be buying them from a re seller here, @jdd32. I want to get a few more sets and I would rather help peeps on the board if I can.

Then it should be pretty much the same either way. jdd32 is shipping direct from Australia, not via Japan, while LG ships directly from Japan. Both take about the same time to hit the states, which is when they have to go through customs, most likely in LA.

And that is your time variable; customs can take anywhere from a day or two up to a couple of weeks. If you just bought a small number/value it's more likely to go through customs more quickly than many sets with a combined higher value. But either way it's a crap shoot.

Here's a trick - whatever tracking number is provided, using it with the originating shipper will stop updating once it hits customs. But use the same number with USPS tracking and it'll continue to update after it clears customs. That works with most shippers, at least...

As an example, I split a Big Taco frame and lenses and sent both on the same day. The lenses went to California and arrived on Weds. The frame didn't have as far to go, just to Florida (I know, it doesn't make much difference when there are flights involved), but has yet to be delivered. Should be today, it's close to its destination. But even if today, it will be 3 days later.

And yes, as @kronin323 says, as soon as it hits the destination country, use the destination postal service's tracking - the originating shipper will only show entry to the country and delivery confirmation, not the detail.

Then it should be pretty much the same either way. jdd32 is shipping direct from Australia, not via Japan, while LG ships directly from Japan. Both take about the same time to hit the states, which is when they have to go through customs, most likely in LA.

And that is your time variable; customs can take anywhere from a day or two up to a couple of weeks. If you just bought a small number/value it's more likely to go through customs more quickly than many sets with a combined higher value. But either way it's a crap shoot.

Here's a trick - whatever tracking number is provided, using it with the originating shipper will stop updating once it hits customs. But use the same number with USPS tracking and it'll continue to update after it clears customs. That works with most shippers, at least...

WAIT! You mean AUSTRALIA IS NOT HERE?!?!?!? What the **** was my geography teacher talking about then??????? :twitch: