• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Juliets

Uluahunter

I should Work at Oakley
Hawaii
Been searching eBay for another polished Juliet, but haven't seen anything recently for less than $265. Is this frame becoming harder to get? Or is it just my timing that sucks?

Well...the only combo that frame comes in from the factory is Fire Polarized, so that increases the price (although percentage off-wise the Fire Polarized prices on eBay represent of the most off of any model in the Juliet line)-if the frame was available in a non-polarized variant the price would be $30 or so lower. Apparel-etc seems to always have stock at $265 but there have been a couple other volume sellers recently have had stock selling at $250...but that's about as low as its going to go for BNIB in that market.

There are sellers that sell polished frames alone at times (there was just one up last week) but they charge $200 and you get no box so unless you have lenses lying around, by the time you add a set of lenses you've approached the cost for the whole package.

Well...the only combo that frame comes in from the factory is Fire Polarized, so that increases the price (although percentage off-wise the Fire Polarized prices on eBay represent of the most off of any model in the Juliet line)-if the frame was available in a non-polarized variant the price would be $30 or so lower. Apparel-etc seems to always have stock at $265 but there have been a couple other volume sellers recently have had stock selling at $250...but that's about as low as its going to go for BNIB in that market.

Hmmmm, okay. I actually don't really need a BNIB pair. In fact, I really only wanted a good frame. I plan on customizing it so lenses wouldn't really matter, unless of course they are something other than fire. I just received a trade from another member here and love the polished frame w/ hammerstems. I'm actually not in a rush anyway, just window shopping :redface:.

Thanks for the insights ucdavis!

I personally wouldn't touch Polished frames used...unless its from a member and you're certain of condition. I've had polished frames scratch and start looking less than great with careful use. I'm not so wary of other frame types as they're a bit more robust...but Polished is very sensitive.

I personally wouldn't touch Polished frames used...unless its from a member and you're certain of condition. I've had polished frames scratch and start looking less than great with careful use. I'm not so wary of other frame types as they're a bit more robust...but Polished is very sensitive.

That's good to know, that the polished frames are more prone to scratches as compared to other frames. I'm usually very careful when handling and wearing my glasses, so hopefully I can keep them in excellent condition.

i totally disagree, polished is the best frame for x-metal series. you could abuse them as many as you like and at the end of the day you could polish them and they will be back as new. if you use other x-metal series carelessly (carbon, plasma, titanium and x-metal) they will end up differently. take the x-metal frame for example, throw it on the floor. what will you get? scratches all over, could you fix it? yes if you have a good coating shop near by and they could do coatings as good as oakley. if not, you will end up with what? and the best thing you could do is polish the frame to become a polished frame. like some members here, they end up polishing their worned out x-metal frame so that it will be alive once more :D..

I've tried polishing polished frames and it doesn't come out well. Then again I've used the same method I do for my stainless steel watches so perhaps others have a different method?? If so that would be great because then I might go snatch some used polished frames LOL

I've tried polishing polished frames and it doesn't come out well. Then again I've used the same method I do for my stainless steel watches so perhaps others have a different method?? If so that would be great because then I might go snatch some used polished frames LOL

that means you're not doing it right, the romeo 1 that i polished and shared here is better than oakleys polished frames :)..

that means you're not doing it right, the romeo 1 that i polished and shared here is better than oakleys polished frames :)..

Right, but that Romeo is polished through the finish to the base material...I don't want to have to polish my polished frames that much. If I can simply buff and polish the actual finish and bring it back to 100% then fine, otherwise I'm going to continue to treat my Polished frames (like all of my Oakley's) with the utmost care---10+ years collecting Oakley...don't think I've dropped a pair yet. Face, case, face, case-nowhere else.

Back