• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Oakley Minute Machine

I think $2,000 for a watch that used to be $1,200 all because it is polished is ridiculous. And as far as I have found out they are limiting this to 150 pieces and the price point is $1,995...just like the Hollow Point. Granted I have yet to see one in person, my store isn't high enough on the food chain to warrant one of these.

I think its pretty bad-ass, although with the know-how, you could turn a regular one into a polished.

Still has $20 worth of parts on the inside. After I replaced the battery in my Carbon Blade, and I saw what was in it, I was like before I buy a MM I had to see the inside of it, and sure enough, $20 in Swiss movement.....its still not worth my investment. Why not just go all out and put a nice movement inside and a really nice sapphire crystal on it...... And if your gonna charge alot for a diamond edition, put some diamonds in it!!!!

I'm not saying you're wrong, but how did you know it was a cheap movement? And does that mean the FMJ has cheap internals also?

Its All Labor!!
MostOfThe Early Release MeMinute Machines He Said Could Be Polished Out. Problem Is Ya Need A Guy That Knows What Hes DOin As Not To Grind Down The Carbon Washers. I Had Corporate Replace All Of Mine SinCe I Got This On Trade.
Well Be Selling IT Real Soon. Jist Pm me

That is crucial I have a pretty good jeweler over here that I trust I just don't know what he'd say if I took him my watch and said "hey can you make this shiny for me"? He might keel over from a heart attack or tell me he wants a thousand bucks lol.

Its All Labor!!
MostOfThe Early Release MeMinute Machines He Said Could Be Polished Out. Problem Is Ya Need A Guy That Knows What Hes DOin As Not To Grind Down The Carbon Washers. I Had Corporate Replace All Of Mine SinCe I Got This On Trade.
Well Be Selling IT Real Soon. Jist Pm me

True, its a lot of labor involved. There should be no risk in grinding the washers down. To do it right the band would be disassembled and each link would be polished individually. I have 4 MM's and if I don't sell a few one is planned for a polish.

Back