• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished Penny

Onderon

Oakley Beginner
Finally got my hands on a pair of Penny's after coveting them for years and years. Forgot to take any pics during the day while I went cycling so have to make do with this horrible composition featuring my bathroom XD
20121217_180327.jpg

Ok time for a derp question. I figured out how to remove and reattached the nose pad which was already fitted on it, which I assume is the medium size, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to securely attach the other 2 sizes.
I can't really word it properly atm but slot in the pads appear to be much longer than the metal tabs on the frame so I could only hook in 1 side so the other side of the nose pad is just free hanging.

If anyone has any idea whats going on please enlighten me!

Sometimes you just have to stretch those nose pads, if they are too small. Love that lens, BTW, have the same in my polished pair, G26.

Yeah I just asked the guy who sold it to me and he said those were juliet nose bombs which were in the red sear sock kit. I'm using the original black ones atm but might swap them out for the red ones later. He also threw in 2 extra sets of lenses, green/yellow iridium and ruby quartz which are aftermarket. I liked them better than the oakley black iridiums but its nice to have the extra options.

Yeah I just asked the guy who sold it to me and he said those were juliet nose bombs which were in the red sear sock kit. I'm using the original black ones atm but might swap them out for the red ones later. He also threw in 2 extra sets of lenses, green/yellow iridium and ruby quartz which are aftermarket. I liked them better than the oakley black iridiums but its nice to have the extra options.

juliet nose bombs dont fit onto the penny frame dude. way too big

Yeah I realised they were juliet nose bombs as well. They still came with the original penny nose bombs though so not really fussed about it. Ordered a carbon juliet last night which should arrive just after christmas so those extra juliet bombs won't go to waste.

Yeah I realised they were juliet nose bombs as well. They still came with the original penny nose bombs though so not really fussed about it. Ordered a carbon juliet last night which should arrive just after christmas so those extra juliet bombs won't go to waste.

cool stuff be sure to post pics. btw if you want some authentic lenses for that penny, you can get them custom cut. i've cut many lenses for my penny and uliet and its well worth it.. the quality of OEM lenses are unsurpassd

Back