• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished X Metals

A few reasons:
1. Flash, dog
2. Hammerstems, dog
3. On some level, we all new one day Deep Water Prizm would be custom cut to fit them. (Pure sexy)
4. Something else for my wife to roll her eyes at.

Agree it's just a preference, YMMV. Personally, plasma was always my favorite x-metal frame finish with its muted shine and when I got my first polished I thought they were too flashy. But I wore them a little bit and quickly fell in love. These days, it's hard to say what my favorite finish is, but I do like the polished...

20160425_103504.jpg

20160426_115114.jpg

20160427_102934.jpg

20160428_093941.jpg

20160429_104223.jpg

I think to an extent the personality type that likes X-Metals is going to be inclined to like something like Polished finishes already. Why? They're X-Metals so they stand out, they look different, they're somewhat non conformist and "look at me" and the people that wear them know that. So...along those lines something flashy like Polished isn't really a surprise. And if you look at some of these responses you see other things that support this theory---some of the guys drive muscle cars (and bright ones at that) so again, there's that trend where X-Metalmen may already be inclined to be more standoutish in nature.

I'm a case in point in already being the type that stands out and wants to as much as possible: 6 foot 5-230 lbs, drive a white Shelby with blue racing stripes and a (blatantly illegal) exhaust you can hear a mile away and throw ridiculously colorful/bright sneakers on size 16 feet and pair them with equally bright shirts and huge (52mm and up) watches. So seeing me in what I wore today (Juliet Polished and Fire with White rubber just to up the brightness ante even more) kind of just goes with the whole thing.

20160523_074647_zpsgrvawuen.jpg

Latest Posts

Back