1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Sappy

Sappy Oakley Enthusiast

Hello all,

I'm curious about a value for a Polished XX that I'm looking to purchase and couldn't find anything on this forum about them. My best guess is that they are a custom piece with no serial. Frame and lenses look to be in good condition, I'm just curious what I should offer for them. Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Polished XX value - image.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

It'd be a custom piece unless Oakley made a special edition for someone special

As for its value i'd value it as a normal pair of XX in similar condition (lenses, rubbers, bridge tightness) + cost of refinishing. A good polished job is worth the money; i've seen some bodge jobs out on ebay when the polished frames look like crap and they ask for the sky....

3. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

As far as I know, Oakley never made a polished version of the XX. Are you sure it's not a Juliet that is being described mistakenly as an XX?

4. Sappy

Sappy Oakley Enthusiast

It's an XX for sure. As I said before, I'm pretty sure it's a custom job, just don't know what I should look at spending for them.

5. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

I guess it would depend on how good of a custom job they did on refinishing them to a polished finish. Also need to consider what kind of lenses are coming with it. Polar vs. regular. Any scratches on the lenses. What shape is the rubber and nosebridge in? Does it come with box and coin or just the glasses? If all is good then I would probably expect to pay normal price for a similar shape XX in another finish. I don't think the polished finish would really add or subtract from the value.

6. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

How do you know? That one pic you posted isn't definitive. Need some good pics of the orbital breaks / gaskets.

7. Sappy

Sappy Oakley Enthusiast

Here's two more pics... Polished XX value - image.jpg Polished XX value - image.jpg

kronin323 likes this.
  8. Those are pretty.

9. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Yup, XX. I say $500 max.