• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polished XX value

Sappy

Oakley Expert
Denver, CO
Hello all,

I'm curious about a value for a Polished XX that I'm looking to purchase and couldn't find anything on this forum about them. My best guess is that they are a custom piece with no serial. Frame and lenses look to be in good condition, I'm just curious what I should offer for them. Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.
image.jpg

It'd be a custom piece unless Oakley made a special edition for someone special

As for its value i'd value it as a normal pair of XX in similar condition (lenses, rubbers, bridge tightness) + cost of refinishing. A good polished job is worth the money; i've seen some bodge jobs out on ebay when the polished frames look like crap and they ask for the sky....

As far as I know, Oakley never made a polished version of the XX. Are you sure it's not a Juliet that is being described mistakenly as an XX?

It's an XX for sure. As I said before, I'm pretty sure it's a custom job, just don't know what I should look at spending for them.

It's an XX for sure. As I said before, I'm pretty sure it's a custom job, just don't know what I should look at spending for them.

I guess it would depend on how good of a custom job they did on refinishing them to a polished finish. Also need to consider what kind of lenses are coming with it. Polar vs. regular. Any scratches on the lenses. What shape is the rubber and nosebridge in? Does it come with box and coin or just the glasses? If all is good then I would probably expect to pay normal price for a similar shape XX in another finish. I don't think the polished finish would really add or subtract from the value.

Latest Posts

Back