• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polishing A Madman

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
Hi there,
I was able to get a Pewter BIP madman this week. Sadly it has more scratches than I previously expected. So I was thinking in trying to polish the Pewter part and if that goes awfully bad, then I'll have it refinished to black.
But before I start I'd like to see what kind of materils should I use. I put the full frame into pieces, but it all feels plasticy so I'm not sure if I should go with a 400-800 sand paper (like with steel watch bracelets) or use something else. I've seen people who have used polishing compound but then again since the frame feels like plastic I'm not sure which one should I get.
Any insight and comments are gladly appreciated.
Thanks

There is compound you can use on plastics, but @VolcanOG Is your man. Send them to him and he"ll hook you up!
Yeah, I thought about that, but shipping is crazy expensive to hawaii (close to $60). So I was thinking in trying it myself and if I screw it up then the Xman can refinish it to a matte black color

Shipping to CONUS is like $25ish (its like your priority shipping) but hawaii costs the same as japan or australia. It is ridiculous, but its either that or get your package in like 3-4 weeks for $13
There's always dhl/fedex but that's worse, $75...

I feel bad, those are terrible prices. Well someone on here should be able to chim in about polishing. I've never polished O-luminum so I can't give you any tips

I think you should try checking that again brother. I have people ship things to me from all over the world. Mexico included. Never had anything cost more than 25.00. That's on the extremely high side too.

Back