• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polishing A Madman

Take it apart. The aluminum parts are the only parts you can polish.

500, 800, 1000, 1200 grit sandpaper.

Need an assortment of jewelers compounds. Start course and work to fine.

Heavy metal makes a finishing polish (blue one). This is the best one I've used and is absolutely necessary.

Good luck brother. :)

Hawaii is not expensive. Unless your shipping a oakley book. Right @VolcanOG ?
Every country that I've checked was same shipping rates to Hawai'i as any other US state or territory. Reason being is they are only shipping it to the nearest customs and then it's USPS who moves it. USPS charges same amount to hawaii as any other state or territory in US.

Take it apart. The aluminum parts are the only parts you can polish.

500, 800, 1000, 1200 grit sandpaper.

Need an assortment of jewelers compounds. Start course and work to fine.

Heavy metal makes a finishing polish. This is the best one I've used and is absolutely necessary.

Good luck brother. :)

Oh, forgot to mention. The compounds must be applied with a dremel or similar tool. They make pads for this for the dremel.

Geeh Guys... I think this thread is getting off topic (I thought it was about Painting MadMan's... which I want to do with a beat up pair of BadMan's.)

Anyway... Don't get me started on Postage to Australia. A Hot Tub sent down here was north of $120 USD on postage alone... let alone the bag. However, I own it now to complete (kinda) my Sink Series.

2015 06 28 Hot Tub Delivery Box.jpeg

Geeh Guys... I think this thread is getting off topic (I thought it was about Painting MadMan's... which I want to do with a beat up pair of BadMan's.)

Anyway... Don't get me started on Postage to Australia. A Hot Tub sent down here was north of $120 USD on postage alone... let alone the bag. However, I own it now to complete (kinda) my Sink Series.

View attachment 285215

View attachment 285215

Polish not painting.
$120 for a bag?!?!? That's almost what it's worth.

Jeez the things I can get for those shipping prices.

View attachment 285215

I don't think this thread got off topic at all.... What are you talking about???

I think you should try checking that again brother. I have people ship things to me from all over the world. Mexico included. Never had anything cost more than 25.00. That's on the extremely high side too.
I checked 2 post offices and they both came back with the same price, although they did looked confused when I said Hawaii, it doesn't seem like a popular shipping destination. And thanks for the tips on the polishing!

I shipped to @VolcanOG from Canada and it wasn't more expensive compared to any other state. That same day I shipped a package the same size and weight to the next province over from me and the shipping cost was only $1 less.

I shipped to @VolcanOG from Canada and it wasn't more expensive compared to any other state. That same day I shipped a package the same size and weight to the next province over from me and the shipping cost was only $1 less.
I've experienced the send thing shipping from here. it's no more expensive for me to ship to Michigan than Porto Rico or Hawaii. yet for me to ship to my buddy @ChaseBorgstrom just a couple provinces over its actually more for me. crazy.

Back