• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polishing A Polished Minute Machine?

TinyNinja1975

Oakley Expert
East coast, USA
Any ideas on polishing a few veryyyy light and small scratches on the polished minute machine band?
"Without the need of any major machines"

Haven't seen much about the polished only the regular mm.​

I use a product called Blue Magic. No abrasives, just polish. A Dremel tool will help but for touch up hand polishing will be fine.

I have the polish just haven't had time to try and work the light scratch out. Should be able to get to it before the end of the week and i'll post a couple of before and after pictures for everybody

First of all let me say thank you because I have a couple scratches on my polished minute machine too although mine are on the face by the crystal. One question what do you use to actually polish the watch with the blue magic or the mothers? Some sort of really soft cloth or what would you recommend? Also is there just one kind of these products or is there a certain type of blue magic or mothers that Im looking for? Is the polished minute machine plated? My watch repair guy seemed to think so thats why he wouldn't try to polish them out himself. Sorry for all the questions I just dont want to mess this watch up. Thanks again for any help,
George

It is plated, not polished. If it lightly scratched you might be able to make it less noticeable by polishing. Most likely scratches are permanent.

Yeah It works really well on the light scratches from my own experience basically "non existent" now, anything deep like Oakley-olic I don't think it would work well on. I used a polishing cloth and the blue magic and I used mothers too. They both worked pretty much the same for me.