1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. WantJuliet

WantJuliet Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Well this has probably been discussed before but I can't seem to locate a polished Carbon XS so I was wondering if you can achieve the same effects from polishing the carbons or will that just damage the carbon coating? Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

If you just try to polish them it will damage the coating. . You could try to clear coat them to give them more of a shine, but that would still not be the same - you might get close though?

THE X-MAN likes this.
  3. WantJuliet

Exactly what I figuered. I'll leave them stock and continue for a set of the polished carbon XS. Thanks for the help.

4. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Be thankful polished carbon XS will cost a lot less than the same in Juliets!

5. WantJuliet

Ha ya I got soft spot for XS. I love them all but XS and xx fit me better

6. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

There is a thread out there with someone looking to recreate a polished carbon finish but nobody was able to provide a how-to.

7. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Interesting I was just hunting around for advice on polishing a POLISHED X Squared. I found one that suggests that Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish (which I always have a jar of for my Pony) will do the trick as long as the frame IS Polished not X-Metal or Plasma etc. Is this the case?

8. WantJuliet

I knew it was a shot in the dark but if anyone knew it would be someone from this forum :)

9. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

That's for a polished finish, not polished carbon. Doing a polished finish is a lot of elbow grease but otherwise straightforward. Trying it on a carbon frame would strip the carbon finish and you'd end up with plain ol' polished.

Really it'd take some sort of plating job with an appropriate material, as far as anyone can figure out.

But yes, as a different topic, if you already have a polished frame that has tarnished and you want to spruce it up, Mother's will do the trick. It won't remove scratches, though.

10. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

Pick please I have xs Polished carbon, want to see them in juliets I figure when it comes to juliets you have one or two;)

Last edited: 3/9/15