• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polishing Vaults And Cases

Well I'm not sure what I can do about the foam...I'd like to have new pieces cut to factory sizing but my main concern is getting them cleaned up! Here is a pic of a Vault I had laying around. NO sanding.....just polishing with a buffing wheel and Mothers Aluminum Polish....I really don't want them super smooth....Pits and scratches are there but shiny......check it out.....
photo7-3-1.jpg

Thanks!!! Tomorrow I'm going back to the shop with the right materials and I'll have more time.....stay tuned.....

So here is the finished product.....NO sanding....I feel there is too much going on with the rivets and all to get a good sand....this was a three step "cake" process and buffing wheel on a bench grinder....this is before a soapy bath so they look a little better.....thanks to Gs300 for the advice and info!
photo14.jpg

Members: I have had some interest from Forum members about polishing Vaults....I will do this for you if you send me the Vault and $ to send it back....we can discuss cost for the service but would rather trade for it....PM me if you're interested. I hope I am not stepping on toes or violating any Forum rules...If I am please let me know right away!

Latest Posts

Back