• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Poll - TiO2 XX Lens Choice

Which for TiO2 XX?

• Chrome

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Emerald

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
Here we go again...

I'd like to poll the forum for their opinion between a choice of two lenses for a TiO2. I'm not looking for additional suggestions but just between these two - I'll explain how I got to them in a follow-up post.

Some fellow forum members granted me permission to repost some Juliet pics as examples of the two choices. My thanks to them.

In this corner... Chrome!

Thanks to @Wicked and @xmetalmaniac for the pic - this pair is an x-man refinish and the x-metal looks darker than OEM, but for me they will go in OEM TiO2:
TiO2 Chrome Juliet.jpg

And in this corner... Emerald!

Thanks to @Oakley Veteran for the pic:
Juliet Ti02 Emerald.JPG

Let the battle begin!

Why these two choices?

Conventional wisdom is that non-colored lenses go better with TiO2 than colored.

The traditional TiO2 XX colorway is with BI. I already have 3 times as many BI / BIP in frames than any other color. Would rather go with something different.

The traditional TiO2 Juliet colorway is with VR28 BI. I love that lens in polar, but I already have it mounted in "CO2" Juliets - too duplicate.

There's a pic out there of TiO2 XX with 24K but it looked very awkward - like a 24K XX with the colors faded out.

So that leaves Chrome - it looks like a good choice and I don't have one of those.

But, there's nothing wrong with a little color...

Green lenses look very nice but are under-represented in my collection - really all I have is some Jade (in my reverse CO2) and, since they're not polar, I don't wear them as much as I would otherwise. My existing Emerald lenses are scratched up and not mounted in a frame.

Some other colors (such as ice) could go well, too, but are already better represented in my collection, or in my planned collection...

And yes, whether the winner is Chrome or Emerald, they will be polar...

Last edited:
Back