• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

POLL - What to call the new "x-metals"?

What to call the new "x-metals"?

• Total voters
I think we may need 2 votes... I've signed off on adopting neXt-Metals, but I am instantly liking fleX-Metals a lot, and considering the nature of the discussion I don't see why we should limit ourselves to only one name for these. There seems to be enough discussion, debate, discontent, disagreement, or in some cases good old fashioned denial - more than one name seems to make sense. :p

Can we all get a second vote? Top two names are the unofficial forum names for these?

I think we may need 2 votes... I've signed off on adopting neXt-Metals, but I am instantly liking fleX-Metals a lot, and considering the nature of the discussion I don't see why we should limit ourselves to only one name for these. There seems to be enough discussion, debate, discontent, disagreement, or in some cases good old fashioned denial - more than one name seems to make sense. :p

Can we all get a second vote? Top two names are the unofficial forum names for these?

I already originally set the poll to allow two votes per voter... ;)

I already originally set the poll to allow two votes per voter...

Well played!!! I did not notice that at first. :slow:

My vote has been adjusted
...still suggesting we accept the top 2 names

Where?
I've been asking for someone to show me for weeks now...
Show me a pair with the logo...
Show me a page on Oakley's site that calls these X-Metals directly without referring to some context within a 'collection'.
Please, show me something 'Oakley proper' - not some 3rd party distributor marketing junk!

I have said this too many times now.
The Madman and Badman are:
"Inspired by the attitude of our famed X Metal® collection" - Oakley's words, Copyright ©2014 Oakley, Inc. All Rights Reserved, not mine
& they are part of "The XMetal® Collection"
and a handful of other marketing phrases, none of which call these out as X-Metals, proper.

Do you have a pair?
I have three - two Badman and one Madman...
Tell me where - anywhere - on the box, frame, case, bag, etc... where is the X-Metal logo/branding?

Please, tell me - someone? - and pics or it didn't happen!

I don't disagree about these being part of the trademarked, copyrighted, and sucked dry for every dollar that Oakley can get "The XMetal® Collection". That collection includes belts, jeans, t-shirts, display items, and a bunch of other stuff NOT made of X METAL!!!

So yeah - OF course there are XMetal® Collection items that are not X-Metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is so difficult to understand about this?
It is not an either/or question.
This is not binary.

THERE ARE X-METALS
AND THERE IS "The XMetal® Collection"
THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS
The Badman and Madman are part of the latter...

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

That is fact until someone can prove otherwise. At which point everything else in this post is still accurate and I reserve the right to maintain my own opinion presuming evidence to the contrary.

I feel better now :grin:

Yeah it doesn't say it on the box but it's not like that's a legal requirement. They very well could have made the packaging before the finalized the decision to actually call them x-metals.

But, with this screenshot from the Oakley website and email they sent out, denying that they're calling them x-metals is just wishful thinking. Unfortunately.

x-metal webpage.png

x-metal email.jpg

can we nominate LuXoMetal , in my minds it catch the phrase "Look, So Metal" but we all know it did not

Back