1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. stevan5150

stevan5150 Oakley Enthusiast

A buddy of mine is getting me hooked and curious about picking me up a compound bow. I would like to start slowly but like to get to the point of trying to deer hunt with it.
    I own 60 acres here in Louisiana on great deer hunting land .
    I know it's going to take a hell of a lot of time but didn't know if anyone else here is into bows and archery.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

been a varsity player before in archery back in my college days. nice sport bro! it would take you big bucks to get some nice gears but hey its all worth it!!

3. stevan5150

Yeah looking at picking up a bowtech assassian which runs about 600 fully loaded
    add arrows and other odds and ends I think 900$ is a good starting point

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I was talking about wanting to get a bow and into archery at work and one of the guys mentioned he was looking to sell his bow. It's several years old, but in good working shape. He moved to the latest and greatest and sold it to me for $75. I had to get a rest, arrows, and a target and I was all set.

Started shooting in my back yard and having some fun. It's gotten too cold and too dark early in the day and I've given it up for the season. When it's light after 7pm again I'll probably get out and shoot a dozen arrows a day until I get it dialed in enough to take out randomly placed tennis balls (that's the plan anyway). Then I might take a deer with it next season.

5. stevan5150

Awesome man congrats! Good luck!! I am waiting to see how my Xmas bonus looks next week to decide when I will get the bow

6. stevan5150

I wonder what a good lens would be to use for shooting....I have the yellow and persimmon just laying around for my jawbones

7. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

It will probably depending on light conditions and what color your sight pins are.

8. stevan5150

Well i got my bow yesterday. This thing is a beast, shoots smooth, and looks killer!
    Its a 2012 BowTech Assassin, this is a stock pic of course. I shot for about 2 hours yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator: 5/21/14
  9. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley Rōnin

wooo.... cool compound bow bro!! show more pics!!

Last edited by a moderator: 5/21/14
  10. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Sweet looking bow. Seems a bit confusing on how it works from the picture. Has a lot going on.