• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Poor man's C-Six? Sure, why not?

I've been working on a revision of the hinge design (I realized that I needed to remodel it to be a continuous piece for strength) and will try to print up one tomorrow to test out the overall fit. This is definitely a challenge (for a dude without a spare CNC machine laying around) so we'll see how good my eyeballing skills are! :cool-20:

This is awesome work! FIY there are carbon fiber infused abs spools in the market perfect for you project. Keep us posted! :drinks:

Carbon Fiber Filament - ABS Based – Filabot

Yes I'd heard of that stuff but haven't tried it. My printer tends to work best with PLA material but I might give that a try! I think I'm also going to lay up some new carbon tonight to have another set of the earstems and to make some custom carbon "homage icons" :biggrin:

Yes I'd heard of that stuff but haven't tried it. My printer tends to work best with PLA material but I might give that a try! I think I'm also going to lay up some new carbon tonight to have another set of the earstems and to make some custom carbon "homage icons" :biggrin:

What printer are you using? Mine is a Flashforge Creator Pro and have been lucky that it works amazing with ABS. I have the Carbon Fiber reinforced filaments here but have not used them yet. I am reserving it to make a Flexyhand for a friend of mine :) Can't wait to see your creations.
In case you have access to a CNC there are 3D Models of a Juliet which you can purchase for a few bucks in OBJ format and use that to start off with :p

Latest Posts

Back