• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pop Quiz: About Your Collection

A bit of fun - I wonder if anyone has given thought to their sunglass collection in these categories . . . . . ?

1) How many glasses in your collection? about 75 currently

2) What was your first ever pair? Black/emerald Twentys

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? Got above day after I got married in LV so yes

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? matte Black/Black Straight Jackets or Rootbeer/Gold anything,Black/Ruby

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? anything Black on Black but she's had enuff of Oakley!

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? varies

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? Straight Jacket 2

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? Midnight Blue/Gold Iridium SJ 2's

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation?changes every time

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'?
50 dollar polarized Encounters BNIB for wife

A bit of fun - I wonder if anyone has given thought to their sunglass collection in these categories . . . . . ?

1) How many glasses in your collection?
~ over 325
2) What was your first ever pair?
~ Mars
3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?
~ My first Romeo 1.0
4) Which pair do you think you suit the most?
~ Romeo 1.0
5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?
~ Chip Foose Gascans
6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair?
~ Romeo 1.0
7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not?
~ Romeo 1.0
8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?
~ Romeo 3.0
9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation?
~ Gascans
~ Romeo 1.0 off a dude on CraigsList for $60 and the lenses weren't even cracked

1) How many glasses in your collection?-I’m up to about 130 right now.

2) What was your first ever pair?-Grey Eyeshade

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?-It’s between a few pairs, my Custom Neon O ROKR Pro, Matte Black Pit Boss and my Custom Team Orange Flak Jackets (from the 2009 Oakley Co-Pilot event).

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most?-If I had to choose, Oil Rigs.

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?-Not sure, I don’t ever ask.

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair?-My Hatchets or my Monster Pups.

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not?-It would have to be the Juliet’s or the Pit Boss.

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?-Hmmmmm, maybe a custom Pit Boss with Text and Fire lenses.

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation?-Pit Boss

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? –I guess right now it would have to be my Ichiro Radars I got from the Las Vegas Vault for $99.

1) 33 pairs
2) Eye jacket (black w/black iridium)
3) Juliet (x-metal w/ruby - given to me by my sister)
4) Frogskins
5) Inmate
6) Polished black frogskins w/ grey polarized
7) Juliet
8) Antifreeze frogskin w/ black iridium polarized, chrome "OAKLEY" lettering
9) London Police Gascan
10) Antifreeze Radars $20

Let's try this...

1) How many glasses in your collection?
142 including 2 goggles

e wire with burnt / black iridium (1997)

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment?

I would say the e-wire... it was my first love...

the straight jacket II fits me really well

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most?

good question... i've always decided for myself

the x-squared (x-metal w/ ruby)

romeo 1. my plasma with fire is showing some stress cracks so i stopped wearing them

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you?

I would say the straight jacket II made with x-metal and carbon fiber with HED etched on the lens

my 24k x-metal xx

my alum c-six for 350

1) How many glasses in your collection? Currently 13. Just sold off 4 pairs :(.
* I bought two for the GF. Encounter's and Breathless?? No idea what they're called.

2) What was your first ever pair? Nanowire 2.0 - VR28 Black Iridium Polarized.

3) Do you have a 'special' pair with which you have a kind of emotional attachment? My Nanowire's. Very first pair, which is now retired. They went through a lot...I took great care of them, but they fell off of my head at a baseball game and fell a good distance. (Had nosebleed seats). They were still in tact, but a nasty scratch on the lower left side made them unbearable for me to look through. Still keep them though as the very first piece that started my Oakley obsession.

4) Which pair do you think you suit the most? The Wireframe's look the best, specifically the Splinters, Nanowire's, and Hatchets. The most comfortable are my Nanowire's.

5) Which pair do other people (wife/partner/friends etc) think you suit the most? My girlfriend thinks the Gascan's look the best on me, but I can't wear them for long periods of time. This is really unfortunate though, because some of my favorite pieces are in the Gascan line.

6) You are in a hurry - which is your quick grab, go-to pair? Nanowire 2.0's, Pol. Tungsten Iridium, Matte Black Gascan, VR28 BIP Chrome Splinter, or Flak Jacket's. I tend to use these the most because they're great for driving.

7) What is your favourite design/model, either in your collection or not? In my collection, both the Tron Gascan's and the Don Pendleton Fuel Cell. That particular artist series pair is spectacular, and truly a piece of art in my opinion. My favorite design would have to be the Troy Lee Gascan's. The spiders are awesome!

8) What would be your dream pair - if you could ask Oakley to make a signature model for you? A 24 K Nanowire haha.

9) Which pair is always with you when you go on vacation? Usually take the Flak's or Nanowire's with. Can't beat the Hydrophobic Coating. Otherwise, the TACA or Livestrong Fuel Cell's.

10) Which was your best 'bargain buy'? Not the most significant pair I own, but I snagged a pair of M-Frame Industrial glasses with Persimmon lenses for $30 brand new! Use them all the time in the wood shop. My students always compliment them.

1) How many glasses in your collection
6 X-Metals, and 3 O-Matter

Zero 0.7. Awesome sports pair. When I lost them I went on a long hiatus, and eventually got a Livestrong Radar when that was released.

The Radars and the Juliets have been on many adventures with me, and plenty a good time had..

The Juliet and Radar are perfect fits, but the Romeo1 is pretty good too. Mars Crater and Zero 0.4 when im feeling crazy! (they surprisingly fit well too)

My gf hasn't said anything, i think she doesnt like the obsession.. and many friends cant even tell my Juliets and Romeo1 apart..

Romeo1. Unless im getting dirty, then maybe the Radars

Top picks would go to the Penny - its quite something to look at. It seems like it has all the right curves..

I'd love a Signature Romeo1 Revived.. although, ever since i saw a drawing of a "rusted copper" Penny, the idea has just intrigued me.. i think that would look beautiful with all the green streaks with different tones.. perfect to go with emerald lenses.

Used to be the Juliet. We shall see now.. I have a feeling the Radars will come along with the Romeo1's.

Nabbed a Original Zero 0.4 Glitter/Gold for $90.. with box and all!

1)

My gf hasn't said anything, i think she doesnt like the obsession.. and many friends cant even tell my Juliets and Romeo1 apart..

My gf hates my Oakley obsession haha. Even though I bought her two Oakley's (Encounter and Breathless), she still insists on wearing those cheap, $10 DG glasses when she's out in the city.

My gf hates my Oakley obsession haha. Even though I bought her two Oakley's (Encounter and Breathless), she still insists on wearing those cheap, $10 DG glasses when she's out in the city.

Haha, well.. mine didnt complain when i got her Polarised White/Ice Flaks, and a pair of purple/Ruby Enduring.. and shes stopped wearing the old cheapies so thats a good sign. But i dont know how to break it to her that ive just got 3 more x-metals.. =S

btw i subbed to your channel, i expect good things sir! (review some X-metals if you get the chance!)

Oh! Haha thanks. I actually don't collect those :(. I had a pair of Juliet's for awhile, but they never fit me that well. I think it's because I'm Asian...but yeah. I am planning on picking up some Half X's though. I know a lot of people don't like the Half X, but I think they're pretty sweet and the larger nose bombs help! It's weird...my Oakley collection first started with just Wireframes. Now I'm all about the O Matter.

Edit: I think the reason my GF doesn't wear her Oakley's as much is because of the Lens. Encounter has the Tortoise with Polarized Bronze, and the Encounter is some sort of black with a grey gradient. She's picky haha

Back