1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rmontez

rmontez Oakley Expert Premium Member

Can someone help me with this issue? I don't really know computers too well but whats happening is when I open a thread on the 1st page of the thread I get this pop up window. It goes away after about 30 seconds but I don't know what causing it.

Pop Up Screen On Forum Pages. - 9C426298-1D80-47B2-A564-0EA961678F3A_zps0f2mknka.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

You're using IE for one.

3. This. Firefox, Chrome, Maxathon are all much better browsers.

Also, chances are you have some type of malware on your computer trying to pop up an ad or spam message to a url that doesn't resolve.

4. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yep Internet Explorer sucks with popups

5. rmontez

work computer I have no say in the operating system. Now I have to call IT and tell them I need the Oakley Forum page fixed. This should go over well.. lmao.

6. You can install another browser on your own, that has very little to do with the operating system.

7. rmontez

I also have google chrome and it does the same thing. Our work computers are all password protected for downloading anything.

8. Rustpot

What does it say when you hit the "More Information" arrow?

9. Rustpot

Oh, that might be the little embed popups the forum has.

You can always tell IT that you're having an issue with a website you visit during your breaks. If you get breaks.

10. rmontez

I'm just kidding my IT guys are pretty easy going and don't really care what we do online as long as it isn't x-rated. I will tell them what's going on and they will clean up the malware. They've done it before.

It says something about going to favorites and looking for the page to stop it from running. Then a debug screen pops open.