1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. yanki01

yanki01 Oakley Beginner

both are iridium, the OO can be in polarized but what are the difference between the two for the Flak Jackets? tried a search and did not find anything, thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

+red iridium can also be polarized. The difference is the base lens tint. The OO red iridium polarized is on a g40 base lens I think which is suppose to help while looking at lcd screens and such.

3. yanki01

yanki01 Oakley Beginner

good for beach, bright sunny days? I have G30 non polarized for golf but want a 2nd lens choice for other outdoor activities. polarized of course and like the red color against my matte black frame.

4. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Imo, +red is a much better lens

5. yanki01

yanki01 Oakley Beginner

but is there a difference in performance between the 2? different name, different tints is all I know.

6. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

The performance is each to their own. OO Red is polarized, cuts blues better, and has a lighter tint.

Positive Red is darker, has a neutral base, more reflective outside appearance. For bright sunnier days I'd take this. Otherwise if polarized was necessary I'd pick a different lens tint.

7. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

Go with black or ice iridium instead

8. The_2nd_G

The_2nd_G Oakley Beginner

I agree with this. IMHO, dark, polarized and neutral tints are what you wear to the beach. I am a HUGE fan of contrast lenses, but the beach is someplace where I don't want it. Ice blue iridium for me.

9. yanki01

yanki01 Oakley Beginner

bringing this one back, I don't see they offer the +Red in polarized? Is this an option or only non-polarized is available?

10. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Sorry they use to offer +red polarized. I know it came on the white with text version.