• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Positive Red Iridium Vs OO Red Iridium

yanki01

Oakley Beginner
both are iridium, the OO can be in polarized but what are the difference between the two for the Flak Jackets? tried a search and did not find anything, thanks!

+red iridium can also be polarized. The difference is the base lens tint. The OO red iridium polarized is on a g40 base lens I think which is suppose to help while looking at lcd screens and such.

good for beach, bright sunny days? I have G30 non polarized for golf but want a 2nd lens choice for other outdoor activities. polarized of course and like the red color against my matte black frame.

but is there a difference in performance between the 2? different name, different tints is all I know.

The performance is each to their own. OO Red is polarized, cuts blues better, and has a lighter tint.

Positive Red is darker, has a neutral base, more reflective outside appearance. For bright sunnier days I'd take this. Otherwise if polarized was necessary I'd pick a different lens tint.

+red iridium can also be polarized. The difference is the base lens tint. The OO red iridium polarized is on a g40 base lens I think which is suppose to help while looking at lcd screens and such.

bringing this one back, I don't see they offer the +Red in polarized? Is this an option or only non-polarized is available?

Back