• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible Deal For Romeo 2. Go For It?

Well, they arrived. Despite being advertised as "virtually new, worn only a few times," the nose bridge is pretty loose, and there are some uber-light hair-line marks on the lenses which look like they came from being wiped off with a t-shirt (9.5/10). Only visible under a light bulb, but not quite "display quality." Frames are perfect, except the need of a tune-up, and they came with an X-metal soft vault, which would have been $30 bucks. Regarding the coin, it's the original "Romeo 1997" coin. did they not make a specific Romeo 2 coin? Anyways, for $220.00, here's what I got:
IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

Also, I know that Oakley won't do prescription lenses for these frames. Does anyone know if 3rd party companies have been able to do it with them? Oakley says because of the way the lense fits into the frame on these and the half x, that they can't do prescriptions.

Possible deal for Romeo 2.0... Take it??

Hey guys, instead of starting a new thread I thought to reply to this post which is pretty close to my agenda. I got a guy offering me some new, unworn Romeo 2.0's for $300, he says the frame & lenses are black on black, & that the lenses are polarized (I asked just to make sure and he affirmed that they're definitely polarized). My question is if that means that they have to be the x-metal/black iridium version? i.e. these: Oakley Polarized ROMEO 2.0 Sunglasses available online at Oakley.com

The reason I'm wondering is cause he says orig price was $380, although that version was orig $435. These: Oakley ROMEO 2.0 Sunglasses available online at Oakley.com were orig. $375 but it doesn't say those were polarized..

Thoughts? If they are the x-metal version this is definitely a good deal but I want to make sure as it's a 45 minute drive to meet...

Carbon often gets referred to as black but if they are NIB the original lenses would not be polarized. If they are NIB and polarized that only leaves X Metal. I would make the drive, if not X Metal polarized make a lower offer. For reference I recently purchased a New carbon BI (not polarized) no box or coin for $160.