• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible Fake Question - Juliet Plasma, Ice Polarized 04-153

frames are legit.
lenses are either after market of custom cut g26 oakley lenses. well, from the pics anyway...

Thanks for the assessment freakface. I appreciate it.

Just echoing what others have said, all I buy is polarized lenses, and I can confirm that these are not OEM lenses. The word Polarized would have shown up in those pictures.

Thanks pupusasrock, that was my first instinct but I went against it, thinking it was just because the angle of the shot and/or lighting wasn't right. I'm sort of regretting it now.

So, just an update for everyone who's helping me out right now, I was able to get a reply from the seller a few minutes ago and she stated that the lenses were indeed non-OEM. For the price, I was expecting it to be original Oakley lenses as well. It wasn't stated in the auction and I honestly wasn't able to confirm it with her before the auction ended.

If you were in my position, how wold you proceed from this point? The seller hasn't shipped the item yet because she is "waiting for the payment to clear". I had already paid within minutes of winning the auction. She seems to be a first time seller and from my experience selling on eBay, Paypal payments take longer to clear during the first few sales.

I'm leaning towards just requesting to cancel the transaction. I feel that the item, though not misrepresented, was not fully described. I mean, reading the ad description, a buyer would need to make an assumption... and I went with the item having all OEM parts. Is $300 okay for Plasma Juliets with non OEM polarized lenses? Polarization claim pending actual testing.

If it was me I would want Oakley lenses, so for $150-$200 I would be willing to buy them, but to pay $300 and then invest more money on a pair of lenses would not be worth it to me.

If it was me I would want Oakley lenses, so for $150-$200 I would be willing to buy them, but to pay $300 and then invest more money on a pair of lenses would not be worth it to me.

My thoughts exactly. I know I should have asked, but the auction was time-sensitive and I needed to decide soon. Given the seller's feedback history, the photo of the item, and the photo of the person's collection, I went ahead and gave her the benefit of the doubt. I guess it backfired. I know the item was not misrepresented, but not stating certain details as important as not having OEM parts is just as damaging. :(

So this is the message I sent her through eBay:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi! thanks for your response. I was under the impression that the lenses were the Oakley polarized lenses that originally came with the frame. Since your description didn't specifically state that, I had to make an assumption based on the photos of the item, the photos of your collection, and your perfect feedback history.

I really needed the item to have all genuine Oakley parts. Are we able to just reverse the transaction so you don't have to ship it out? if you cancel the transaction through eBay, the final value fees will be refunded to you in a couple of days if not instantly.

I'd really like to work with you on this. So we can either cancel the transaction, or work out a partial refund so I can use that refund towards authentic non-aftermarket polarized lenses.

Please let me know. I apologize for this misunderstanding.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frames look good but the lens tint looks a little off to me. Maybe first gen color but then frames should have a serial number. Did they make an ice without Polarization?

Frames look good but the lens tint looks a little off to me. Maybe first gen color but then frames should have a serial number. Did they make an ice without Polarization?

Thanks for the input, lawman0210. Appreciated. :)

Yes, other forum members also pointed out the non-authenticity of the lenses. I've decided to no longer push through with the transaction and informed the seller about it. I'm working it out with the seller, eBay, and Paypal right now. I guess this is my "trial by fire" into the world of high-end sunglasses. I shouldn't have dove into this without educating myself thoroughly beforehand.

And yes, there are non-polarized Ice Iridium lenses. If I'm not mistaken, the SKU for those is 16-826.

Back