• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible Oakley Scar Fakes. Help With Determination If They Are.

char1ieone

Oakley Beginner
Hey there everyone and Happy belated Holidays and such. I am in the market in getting myself a pair of pre-owned worn down Oakley Scar sunglasses and need help to see whether they are fake or the real deal. I am getting for pretty cheap so that's why I am biting the bullet but am just curious for the little amount that I am getting them for. I know that if it's too good to be true, it probably is but considering the condition that they are in I figured that why they've been passed off. Well here's the description of them

I know that they released a black chrome pair back in 2002 and have yet to find any on ebay and such and I know that during a long period of time that if you leave a particular chrome, especially black anodized chrome, that they tend to purple up in tint which looks to have happened. There are no nose pads included as they are missing, but you can tell that nose pads were included with the pair at one point. So my question to the experts, did nose pads come with the fakes or was it an entire piece of plastic back then. I remember when the Eye Jackets and Twenties were being faked they were all plastic and no separate nose pads. Another thing, were there any type of serial number, code, marking included on the glasses that I should look for?

These are the glasses taken from The Oakley Review that I am assuming I am getting. Black Chrome with Black Iridium lenses.

Thanks guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a pair on EBay right now listed as Maroon Grey Iridium. They are pretty beat and they are missing the nose pieces. They do show up from time to time on EBay. If you hold out long enough a pair will show up in decent shape. I picked up a pair recently for $55 and they are in like new condition.

Nevermind, someone outbid for them. I wasn't gonna go any higher than $30 as it would possibly cost me around $80-60 to re-chromw them and then another $30 to get the nose pads. With that amount, any higher and I can just wait to see if a better pair will come up at a better price and better quality. Maybe I'll just shoot for a Red pair for my collection.

There are fake scars out there. Blue is the only color I have seen. Black Chrome looks purple. The fakes I have seen have oakley stamped on the nose bridge

Back