• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possible stupid M Frame question.

kodiak71

Oakley Beginner
I have several pairs of M Frames. I have noticed that Oakley has phased out M Frame replacement lenses. What I'm wondering is if M2 lenses fit in M Frames? If so do they fit acceptably or are they loose or tight or not fit at all. Sorry for the stupid question and I know M Frames are relatively old but my lenses have seen a lot of use (I actually use my glasses) for sports etc. and are rather scratched from that use. I try to be careful with all my Oaks but things happen. I'd hate to have to replace all my M Frames with M2's (pocket book hit) and then have to buy a bunch of different colored lenses as well.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

M2 lenses don't fit into m-frames but m-frame lenses do fit into M2

This.

There has been an attempt to re-shape the hooks to match the original M-Frame, but if memory serves right. I think the top profile overall doesn't match well. Believe the M-Frame's profile is a bit shallower, hence why the compatibility between designs only goes one way easily. There could be an influence on resting angles as well.

I'd personally recommend going hunting on eBay or the Exchange Forum (once you meet the requirements) before trying to make the M2 lens work.

Back