1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ipwn3r456

ipwn3r456 Oakley Beginner

Hello everyone,

First post here, hope I post it on the right section. So anyway, I got my Fast Jacket a while ago, and somehow want to get the polarized versions of lenses. Is it possible to switch my black iridium lens to black iridium polarized lenses? Does Oakley allow to do this? Of course there is a price difference, I will pay that, but is it possible?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. oakman1992

oakman1992 Oakley Enthusiast

From my point of view I do not believe they will take a trade of your BI lenses for BIP lenses you will just have to buy them outright and replace. That's if I'm understanding your question correctly.

Dallas O Hog likes this.
  3. JDubs

JDubs Oakley Enthusiast

agreed with above

4. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome to the forum!

5. ipwn3r456

ipwn3r456 Oakley Beginner

Uhh, looks like I will spend extra $90 for BIP lens then? Why don't they accept trades?

6. Because they know most people will just buy another set of lenses.

7. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

Should've bought them polarized in the first place.

8. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

OP probably wanted a specific frame color

but yeah I've never heard of lens trade-ins ever. Tifosi, Smith, Rudy, and Oakley. Smith did a really nice gesture of replacing my lens even though I only wanted (and thought I only qualified) for a frame repair.

9. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

They can't do anything with used lenses, and condition can vary so much. From buying on ebay you'd think most people consider scratched and cloudy to be "like new" it would be such a headache for the store to turn people away continually.

If you just bought a set of lenses and had the receipt they would do it, but not on a pair that came in the frame, or a replacement set that were used.