• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Possibly Fake Supremes

you've unfortunately been duped my friend :( looking at it even more those frames are way sharper in angle than standard frogs

Edit: What color are those lenses on your white ones? Cause ive never seen that shade before of iridium on a pair of frogs if thats what they came with..and i noticed no serial number on the white arm which makes me think those are also fakes unless it rubbed off and the color oakley is filled in with..

Oh no, are the white ones also fake?? They are White chrome supreme, with 24k gold lenses, but they do not have a serial number on the legs.
This was a bad day..

A few of the replacement lenses that are for sale on eBay have changed the shape on a pair of my anti-freeze. So that's almost what I would think, it Almost warped them a little. Have you popped out the lenses? Here is the only pic I have left below before I sold them and you can tell they look kinda warped like those. (anti-freeze)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 462
Good point above my post by TheFrogLife

I sold a pair of stretched out Frogs a while back - the aftermarket lenses stretched them out a bit ...

This post made me wonder, I just bought this same Frog - no box or bag either

Mine look legit?

I see very little difference between mine and the OP's Frog ...

DSC00012.JPG

Good point above my post by TheFrogLife

I sold a pair of stretched out Frogs a while back - the aftermarket lenses stretched them out a bit ...

This post made me wonder, I just bought this same Frog - no box or bag either

Mine look legit?

I see very little difference between mine and the OP's Frog ...

View attachment 107396
Yours are real my man i was sooo tempted to snag another since I wear the hell outta them!

Frogskins pair is real. TheFrogLife pair is real. My 'belief' is the erlendss pair is not authentic. The orbital of the latter is not the same as a true example, the curvature of the top and sides is quite different on close inspection, and can be best identified with an accurate front on view with a genuine pair adjacent to it. The article I referred to earlier amplified the comparison and showed the Royal Blue pair to be a copy. I do not consider alternative lenses could create such distortion with the outer edge curve at the top with the deeper dip by the nose, or the different curvature at the sides and yet create a sense of symmetry with each eye. There was no part code on the real pair, so that is not an issue.
It is hard to determine whether the White - 24K pair is genuine from the one pic plus the arms added to the Royal Blue, but the logo 'seems' more raised than it should be. The lens does seem inconsistent with a 24K in the manner Tommy_DTA pointed out, and the left and right orbital appear slightly asymmetrical but these observations could be inaccurate due to lighting and angles. If only I could locate the article I saw some years back, as I am sure that would help us all.

Here are some pictures of the white 24k, I hope this makes it possibly to verify if they are real or not.
Thanks very much for the help everyone!
IMG_0960.JPG
IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0965.JPG

its those lenses..theres something just not right with them. I know the shawn white 24k lenses are the same (correct me if im wrong) and dont have that weird green tint

Back