• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Post Pics Of Your Guns And Glasses

It was a blessing in every sense of the word to be able to serve in the military and in the police force...

8 years of my life...I'd do it all over again :)

IMG_1168.JPG

I got the XC1 when it came out, and I honestly haven't put my X300 back on a gun since.

After the new year I'll be shopping for a G19/XC1 holster. After doing some of the standard grip mods to the 19 I can honestly say it's getting top billing in my carry rotation as soon as I can get a setup for it.

I like the XC1 but on a full size I like x300 cause it acts as a counter weight with recoil. Grabbing another for my glock 19 soon then that'll be more my go to carry. Looking into the agency arms mods to for it, really love the idea of having a RMR on my g19.

I like the XC1 but on a full size I like x300 cause it acts as a counter weight with recoil. Grabbing another for my glock 19 soon then that'll be more my go to carry. Looking into the agency arms mods to for it, really love the idea of having a RMR on my g19.

They can be fun... ;)

9666416971_14a82963e7_c.jpg

12686854533_4c16fc3019_b.jpg

Who did the frame work on yours? I like it. I'd have preferred to not mod my gun myself, but money is money and I didn't know if the gun would even feel good after dropping $200 on a frame chop that would ruin my ability to recoup any of the cost of Gun + Mod.

If the gen2 had a rail I'd have hunted one down before I took a dremel to my Gen4, but I'd be down the ambi magazine release.

A pro job would take off more materials before stippling anyway, and this way I know I like it and when I get the cash I can get it done. Plus I might even not have to pay the finger groove removal upcharge (some charge, some don't). As-is the factory texture gives front strap texture enough to hold the gun without any slippage. I didn't polish it so the rough texture from the dremel wheel gives it a bit of grip. Looks like garbage, but it doesn't hurt to shoot it anymore. No Glock knuckle, grip shift from being up on the fingergroove peaks, no slide bite, mildly taller grip angle from the half backstrap.
2929A61B-99BB-456F-A6F1-7D5E36E784D4_zpsnmkho3mn.jpg

Who did the frame work on yours? I like it. I'd have preferred to not mod my gun myself, but money is money and I didn't know if the gun would even feel good after dropping $200 on a frame chop that would ruin my ability to recoup any of the cost of Gun + Mod.

If the gen2 had a rail I'd have hunted one down before I took a dremel to my Gen4, but I'd be down the ambi magazine release.

A pro job would take off more materials before stippling anyway, and this way I know I like it and when I get the cash I can get it done. Plus I might even not have to pay the finger groove removal upcharge (some charge, some don't). As-is the factory texture gives front strap texture enough to hold the gun without any slippage. I didn't polish it so the rough texture from the dremel wheel gives it a bit of grip. Looks like garbage, but it doesn't hurt to shoot it anymore. No Glock knuckle, grip shift from being up on the fingergroove peaks, no slide bite, mildly taller grip angle from the half backstrap.
2929A61B-99BB-456F-A6F1-7D5E36E784D4_zpsnmkho3mn.jpg

I had mine built from L&M Precision back in 2012, before RMR's were trendy on pistols. The frame got a grip texture added rather than a stipple job after the finger grooves were removed. I handled one of his other builds before committing to get mine done, so no fear of regret on the frame modifications. Same with my other G19 that is stippled in a tree bark style cut. This one was done by a person in Las Vegas a couple years ago.

9029095807_e242a245d4_b.jpg

Back