• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Post Pictures Of Your Knives And Sunglasses

Thanks, man. Appreciate that. I've been into Microtechs for about 11yrs now, but hadn't really picked up much lately. It's taken a back seat to Oakley. I am a flipper and I'm usually playing with a bali on a daily basis. You're right, It is pretty much just show, but I find it interesting to learn new flips. It's a little bit of a challenge, and for me, a bit relaxing. My knife collection started to steer heavily toward balis there toward the end. I still have several old school MT OTFs that I love, but like I said, it's all taken a back seat to Oakley right now.

Oh I hear ya....I can't sit still without having a flipper in my hand. I refuse to sit and watch a movie without flipping a blade. My wife used to go nuts!! Perhaps that's why she left? lol I learned how to use a bali a looooong time ago, but am now more into just regular flippers. I have been collecting MTs since 1995. Have several customs by Tony and Brend...the Marauder above is done by Walter. I no longer collect MTs...after 2000-2001, I feel like they took a big nose dive in quality. I sadly sold a great deal of my collection...but kept a few queens! ;)

If you do pick one up....try and find one that has the small holes drilled into the bottom of the blade that form a diamond shape. They are more rare and collectable....

Didn't realize they came without the holes.

The later ones didn't have them....There are many with holes but just a line in the center as seen here....

2rvy0ic.jpg

I recently inherited my grandfathers knife collection after the passing of my old man in October, and I now have the daunting task of sifting through the vast array of blades that were amassed over the years.
The collection houses everything from World War 1 bayonets, through to hunting blades, pocket knives and even letter openers. Believe it or not, there are actual murder weapons from closed homicide cases that were donated to the collection by some of the grandfathers police mates.

I know this is a post your knives & sunglasses thread and I'll eventually get to that point once I've sorted through them all.
IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

This multi-blade kit is by far my favourite
IMG_0929.JPG

Definitely some cool pieces in there. Sorry to hear about your father.

Sentiment aside, a bin or two full of knives like that is amazing. Did he collect just anything and everything? That is a TON of stuff to go through and figure out what it all is!

Any plans? Let me know if I can be of any help, there are forums out there just for knives and they're full of friendly people who will lend a hand with identity and whatnot I'm sure.

I'd be willing to bet there are some real gems in there, monetarily speaking.

I recently inherited my grandfathers knife collection after the passing of my old man in October, and I now have the daunting task of sifting through the vast array of blades that were amassed over the years.
The collection houses everything from World War 1 bayonets, through to hunting blades, pocket knives and even letter openers. Believe it or not, there are actual murder weapons from closed homicide cases that were donated to the collection by some of the grandfathers police mates.

I know this is a post your knives & sunglasses thread and I'll eventually get to that point once I've sorted through them all.
View attachment 293792

View attachment 293793

View attachment 293794
This multi-blade kit is by far my favourite
View attachment 293795
Wow...I see some cool stuff in there. Even see stuff I used to have. Nice.

Sorry also

Definitely some cool pieces in there. Sorry to hear about your father.

Sentiment aside, a bin or two full of knives like that is amazing. Did he collect just anything and everything? That is a TON of stuff to go through and figure out what it all is!

Any plans? Let me know if I can be of any help, there are forums out there just for knives and they're full of friendly people who will lend a hand with identity and whatnot I'm sure.

I'd be willing to bet there are some real gems in there, monetarily speaking.
Thanks @Rustpot & @OakleyFrankFMJ for the condolences.

To answer your question, I believe my grandfather set out to collect company logo'd swiss army pocket knives first (these used to be quite a novelty item that a number of companies used to do and give out to their clients) and as more and more people heard about or saw what he had collected, there were donations made of anything that contained a blade. My father and uncles all served in either the military, navy or police force and any blade they were issued with also found its way into the collection.

There are a handful of pieces I'll be looking to hold on to, but for the most part, knives are not my passion, so I may look at parting with the majority of them.

Latest Posts

Back