1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I know many of you are always interested in displaying stuff. I have really struggled with posters for a couple reasons:
    1) I would love to dry mount them all, but that's $50+ per poster. The other downside as if I decide to sell or trade something, the shipping costs go from minimal to ginourmous.
    2) Putting a poster in an Oakley frame requires it to be attached to a backing and it's also pretty rough on the edges, so this option isn't exactly idea. It also means they're vulnerable to dust.

After a bit of research, I purchased a batch of the following from Bags Unlimited:

BACKINGS for One Sheet Posters. 27-1/4 x 41

POLYESTER (Mylar) Sleeve 4mil. NO flap.

These were not cheap, but not expensive either. They worked out to about $13 per set (sleeve and backing). I bought 25 of each and the price depends on quantity. Shipping was and extra $76, but I'm in Canada so I'm sure it would be less for the US.

As I continue to play around with getting images up, I'll update with any relevant info.

Here's a pic of one outside of a frame. It's very easy to slide them in. I think you need to have the backings to give it some structure.
    Poster Sleeves - F65FEACC-C065-4122-A30B-E170DD2E98C7-5297-000001D2BA26CFA1_zps76303bcf.jpg

Here's a pic of it inside a frame. With the sleeve it does NOT fit into the channels on the Oakley frames. I used some packing tape on the sides and corners to attach it. In the frame, I don't LOVE the glossiness at certain angles.
    Poster Sleeves - 854D0D5E-7FEE-4E38-94EC-BF829196D01C-5297-000001C94B5FE5C2_zpsc65f8adc.jpg
    Poster Sleeves - DB056C12-0FA1-426F-9DBA-B135A7A13038-5297-000001C96CBFBAAD_zps719e5719.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty happy with them as a middle-of-the-road solution to my posters. I'm going to grab some clamps that I can attach to the wall as I can then easily swap them out and change it up.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

Good intel. I have been thinking of how to improvise in a poster frame.