• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Posting serial # of Juliet on eBay...what's the big deal?

Mike Fear Light

Oakley Beginner
Florida
I've noticed most people do not like to post the specific serial number of their x metals on ebay, especially with the latest 24K release. What's the reason behind that? Are they worried someone is going to counterfeit that number onto their pair and expect Oakley not to notice the difference?

This ebay listing for example ( 320976451414 ). The guy shows the entire serial except for the number that counts. These numbers matter to some people

I'm only asking because I will be listing my 24K Juliets on the bay here soon and am most certainly going to put my number in the listing unless someone can tell me why I shouldn't. And since I'm sure you all are wondering....mine is # 278/750

yeah i only do that when its telling someone what a serial is meant to look like (ie copper penny: PC XXXXXX) or i am quick referencing and cant rememebr my serial offhand, but know what type of serial it is (a JB juliet, for example).

but if you're sellig something, take the damn 5 seconds to look at the item youre selling and post the serial. some ebayers. seriously.

I called a guy on cl about some Juliet's and he said it was weird that I wanted the serial number and wouldn't tell me what it was. Dumb

There is no sound reason why an owner does not offer the full serial information on an X Metal whether they are selling or intend to keep it. I would suggest two reasons why people conceal some parts of the serial, 1) they have seen many people already keep the details secret and surmise there is some validity in that practice, hence follow suit, and 2) the feeling that to reveal the whole serial may leave them vulnerable that someone may claim ownership of that exact pair. I have listed some of my own serials in full in some posts on here, and all anyone has to do is ask me for a serial number of any of my X Metals and I will gladly give it. I think a seller would arouse more interest in providing the full details, and especially where the number is a match to the barcode label.

no, its real for sure. He told me the first letter and "that its less than X000" but wouldn't give me the whole number.

There is no sound reason why an owner does not offer the full serial information on an X Metal whether they are selling or intend to keep it. I would suggest two reasons why people conceal some parts of the serial, 1) they have seen many people already keep the details secret and surmise there is some validity in that practice, hence follow suit, and 2) the feeling that to reveal the whole serial may leave them vulnerable that someone may claim ownership of that exact pair. I have listed some of my own serials in full in some posts on here, and all anyone has to do is ask me for a serial number of any of my X Metals and I will gladly give it. I think a seller would arouse more interest in providing the full details, and especially where the number is a match to the barcode label.

whats the serial on your leather mars?

Back