• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Powder coated juliet red and black

rthomas218

Oakley Expert
Greenville, SC
These have been in my hands since last year. Was hit by a truck on my motorcycle so project sat for a while. Friend wanted red and black and I thought it wouldn't look good. I think it turned out stunning and the pictures don't do the anodized red powder justice. Started as a carbon juliet that was well worn. Sanded up to 2000 grit to get a perfect polish and began powder. I used a matte finish black on orbitals, tried flat and didn't like the contrast with the anodized powder. I'll try to get more pictures up with a camera other than my phone with good lighting and lenses installed.
20150604_072819.jpg
20150604_073037.jpg

I have worked in a powder shop for close to two decades and have never been brave enough. Nice work .Prismatic has some really custom colors

Me neither! When my friend offered them up I was very hesitant, but just took my time and did a couple tests with flow out and cure on the titanium. I use Eastwood powder as of now but have seen some really wild new powders out there. Thinking of trying the gold metallic for a 24k look. I also have some pearl dust in a few different finishes that are supposed to be powder friendly.. will try it out on something other than metals though!

You havent put lenses in ?i was worried about filling frame grooves with 6 mils
may be @xmetalmaniac could cut a custom pair for you if you get lenses.. you would need to send frame in thow . That's how he makes such great cuts, one custom cut pair of lenses at time to perfectly fit your frame. his prices are very reasonable

These have been in my hands since last year. Was hit by a truck on my motorcycle so project sat for a while. Friend wanted red and black and I thought it wouldn't look good. I think it turned out stunning and the pictures don't do the anodized red powder justice. Started as a carbon juliet that was well worn. Sanded up to 2000 grit to get a perfect polish and began powder. I used a matte finish black on orbitals, tried flat and didn't like the contrast with the anodized powder. I'll try to get more pictures up with a camera other than my phone with good lighting and lenses installed.
20150604_072819.jpg
20150604_073037.jpg

These are Nice! These turned out awesome! Black and Red is my favorite color combination. :drinks:

Last edited:
I have a pair of ruby and black polar lenses, just been slacking on assembly and I didn't want to give up my ruby lenses because I think it's going to look too good to remove.. Guess I'll have at it. Just finished new rivets and rubbers so, might as well complete the assembly.

Latest Posts

Back