• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pre Fall Haul

the_owl

hard to kidnap
U.S.
Got a pull of new stuff:
Fuel Cell Infinite Hero Violet
Fuel Cell Infinite Hero Gray
Fuel Cell Rust Decay
Fuel Cell Ferrari
Crankshaft Matte Clear/Violet
Chainlink Jade
Collected Polished Gold (for the gf)

Then on CL this morning I see an ad for a bunch of MFrames. Looked closely and its a Mag!!
Guy didnt know. Got a Mag (Hybrid?) with 3 lenses and a case for $80

Havent posted any recent buys lately but today was a good day
IMG_20140827_143504_996.jpg

IMG_20140827_173654_126.jpg

I wish I knew what model these mags are.
I dont think they came with the fire lenses, but they do have MAGNESIUM etched in them.
Im guessing the carbon frame had the BI originally

I wish I knew what model these mags are.
I dont think they came with the fire lenses, but they do have MAGNESIUM etched in them.
Im guessing the carbon frame had the BI originally

You're right, fire came with a plasma finish frame. I can't really tell from the pic but those fire lenses look Hybrid S.

Mag Ms had two dark frame finishes, Dark Carbon and Dark Carbide. I don't know what the fine differences between the two finishes are.

But carbon came with G30 while carbide came with BI. Do you know what that 3rd lens is (again can't tell from the pic), maybe G30? Either way, those two unmounted lenses look Strike.

So if those are originally dark carbon / G30 Strike, SKU is 09-228. If they're dark carbide / BI Strike, SKU is 09-217.

Perhaps @Rustpot or somebody can say more.

Nice score...

They came with a BI and a G30 (pretty sure) lens. The fire is a hybrid for sure. The vents give it away. No markings on the frame

Pretty big haul. That is a nice score on the mag m frames. I love the comfort and wish I could find more that aren't over priced. I believe carbide is a blueish finish.

Back