• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Precision machined spinning tops...the latest trend!

I said the other day, the best I'd timed with the lambda was 6:30.

I bought another concave mirror to use as a spinning surface, so I could leave one at work and one at home, don't have to keep carrying it back and forth. Exact same mirror from exact same supplier; new one arrived today.

One of my spins while cooking, I wasn't timing it but I stuck something in the oven, set the oven timer for 5 minutes, then spun the top. The oven timer expired, I checked on the food, needed some more time, set it for two more minutes. That timer went off, I pulled the food, then the top finally fell.

Just a little while ago, I sat down on the john for an extended discussion with mother nature. I had a book with me and read a little bit; I wasn't there a short time. I came out and the top was spinning; I didn't even remember starting it before hitting the john, but nobody else would have. A timer wasn't running so I have no idea how long it went but it felt like it had to been 10 minutes...

So I immediately did another spin, with a timer. 9:30. New official personal record.

I don't know if my technique is improving or if it's the new mirror; maybe the first one I got is flawed in some way? If so, it's not visible. Either way, I'm much happier getting the longer times now.

I bought another concave mirror to use as a spinning surface, so I could leave one at work and one at home, don't have to keep carrying it back and forth. Exact same mirror from exact same supplier; new one arrived today.

One of my spins while cooking, I wasn't timing it but I stuck something in the oven, set the oven timer for 5 minutes, then spun the top. The oven timer expired, I checked on the food, needed some more time, set it for two more minutes. That timer went off, I pulled the food, then the top finally fell.

Just a little while ago, I sat down on the john for an extended discussion with mother nature. I had a book with me and read a little bit; I wasn't there a short time. I came out and the top was spinning; I didn't even remember starting it before hitting the john, but nobody else would have. A timer wasn't running so I have no idea how long it went but it felt like it had to been 10 minutes...

So I immediately did another spin, with a timer. 9:30. New official personal record.

I don't know if my technique is improving or if it's the new mirror; maybe the first one I got is flawed in some way? If so, it's not visible. Either way, I'm much happier getting the longer times now.
TWSS. ;)

Maybe you should try cooking while using the john and reading a book all at the same time. You might just get a 20 min spin! LOL

It could be the new mirror or your technique. Try your original mirror again and see what happens.

Maybe you should try cooking while using the john and reading a book all at the same time. You might just get a 20 min spin! LOL

It could be the new mirror or your technique. Try your original mirror again and see what happens.

Actually, later last night while I was doing the dishes I timed a bunch of spins; turns out I'm just as capable of getting 6 minute or less spins on the new mirror as the old one...

So it must be my technique improving, but still a ways to go before I can do the longer spins consistently. But hey, I've only had the dang thing not even four days...

First attempt at some packaging. Need to tweak the letters a bit, but otherwise, sweet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458315746.913270.jpg

Has anyone ever gotten a spin that long?

Back