• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Preferred Holiday/Vacation X Metal/s

discostu

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
UK
I know we've had a previous 'how many pairs do you take' etc for a holiday/vacation/trip thread, but does anyone have a preferred x metal, maybe which covers all bases and not just a specific lens tint, although that is a consideration.
Personally I have taken multiple pairs for trips of 10 days plus, but have also taken a single pair and a different set of lenses, not just for transmission reasons but for a simple change of colour/style.
I have taken on one occasion a polished juliet/vr28 polar, a polished XS/vr28 polar and a why 8 bronze polar. On another I have taken a single x metal juliet with Ice lenses and a spare set of Ruby Iridiums for a swap.
The following year I took a single carbon Juliet with First gen fires and a crosshair/vr28 polar. Last year I packed an R1/BI, ti02 XX/BI and the Crosshair.
All bar the crosshair were loose pairs (unboxed) which I find a little more comfortable when you start to consider a loss etc, but in reality that may not make it any easier!
For my upcoming trip I am considering one pair which at the moment will be an XX of some flavour, for reasons of extra coverage, comfort and ease of removal due to the hammerstem arms sitting wider. Not also discounting their aggressive looks!
Which would be your preference for a single pair on a 2 week trip and yes you can take additional lenses? :)

I would take my carbon XS with custom cut sapphire polar lenses. I would take BIP lenses to have an option to dress things up a little bit if need be!
Enjoy your trip!!

That's a tough one to answer because it really is a matter of personal opinion, and what fits great for one person, does not necessarily fit so well on the next person. Personally, for me, I think it would be an XS Carbon/BI or R1 XM/BI. That would be a tough choice to narrow down to just one though.

On my last trip I took my plasma Sapphire badman and a Ti02 XX BI, the badman were only packed as we were hiring a car while we were away and I find the Sapphire lenses are excellent for driving in strong sunshine, I usually take 2 pairs when we go anywhere even just down to Cornwall, usually a Juliet and 1 other but I'm a bit of a shelf whore so some only leave the cabinet for cleaning...

Thanks for the replies. Is seems the XX/XS are a popular choice including my own with the coverage factor no doubt a real plus! I may have to be investing in a set of polar cuts in the not too distant future to run alongside :)
Thanks!

Used to be TiO2 XX with VR28 gold Iridium polarized, but the last couple of years it has been a plasma ice Juliet when going to warmer places. I always bring a second pair as well (usually something in O-matter)

Last few trips, I've taken my carbon / plasma "TiO2" Juliet with VR28 BIP as a general purpose pair, capable of bright light with a wide range of light condition usability, and aesthetically complimentary with pretty much any outfit. Or lack of... Alternatively, plasma / BIP.

Then as a second pair I took my carbon Juliet with OO Red polar, for more inclement conditions.

These days as a second pair I'd be more likely to bring a radarlock or two with 3 - 5 lens options, mostly prizms.

Latest Posts

Back