• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Preferred Holiday/Vacation X Metal/s

Last few trips, I've taken my carbon / plasma "TiO2" Juliet with VR28 BIP as a general purpose pair, capable of bright light with a wide range of light condition usability, and aesthetically complimentary with pretty much any outfit. Or lack of... Alternatively, plasma / BIP.

Then as a second pair I took my carbon Juliet with OO Red polar, for more inclement conditions.

These days as a second pair I'd be more likely to bring a radarlock or two with 3 - 5 lens options, mostly prizms.
Ti02 with vr28 bip........
Vr28bip has always been a personal favourite for myself also especially in a Juliet. I've taken more combos with those than any other and also day to day they're never too far away either. I do find the larger orbital on the XX a real bonus but you do notice the extra weight ever so slightly.

The O-matter stuff is nice too when you're out in the water and just laying around by the pool.the fast jackets are a great idea too.even though they aren't metals
Agreed. I took a bronze polar half jacket for a few days away last August in the UK which were great. My preference is usually for an x metal but I also appreciate the benefits of a lighter frame and Ive just remembered too that I did take a Gold Iridium Splice on a US trip which I wore plenty in the theme parks and does bring down the worry factor somewhat.

I just spent a week in Playa Del Carmen, MX and I only brought 1 pair...... An @Xman plasma/Deep Prizm lenses. It was insane how nice that lens was in/on/around water. Possibly my fave lens surpassing Emerald Irids....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460944133.463065.jpg

I just spent a week in Playa Del Carmen, MX and I only brought 1 pair...... An @Xman plasma/Deep Prizm lenses. It was insane how nice that lens was in/on/around water. Possibly my fave lens surpassing Emerald Irids....

View attachment 240686
Wow, those deep water Prizms are a beauty. Planning to get a custom cut for one of my XS. Hopefully they look as good looking through as they do looking at.

View attachment 240686
That is interesting. I hadn't considered a deep water Prism as a possibility for a single set. I have a fishing specific shallow blue polar lens in my Monster Dog but haven't ever worn them for anything other than fly fishing. The plot thickens ...

Last year in Greece I took a Plasma Juliet with blue iridium, and a Why 8 Bronze polar. Not the best choices I'll admit to be honest. I should have taken Ice in the J, or at least a spare set of ice with me. We all make mistakes when rushing around, it's good your thinking early on about this.
This year i am undecided on exactly what to take. I may pack a Scalpel with Bronze polar and 1 metal with 2 sets of lenses. Thinking cap on.........

Back