1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

So I know the topic has been discussed before but I couldn't find any thread that really went over people's results with trying to get Rx lenses placed in Juliet frames. I'd like to get a set of Rx clear transition lenses cut for my Juliets. Has anybody done this successfully stateside and if so, who did it and how well do they work for you? Thanks!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. joecool862

Did a bit more digging on the forum (and Google) and it looks like I should be able to get some lenses done from just about any shop? Do they have to hold onto my frame or can I just give them a scratched up pair of OEM lenses for the tracing? Anybody not spend $250 for Rx lenses? Seems like a heck of a lot when Costco did my current script with AR coating and transitions lenses for like $120.

3. Ry.1982

Ry.1982 Oakley Collector Premium Member

It's expensive, but 320 without insurance from Sport RX.

4. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

My Juliets were done in prescription from Oakley. They have been the best lenses I have ever owned.

5. joecool862

Did they require you to send in your frame to them? I'm not gonna lie, darn nervous about the idea of sending off my frame...

6. joecool862

I could always take them to my local vault I suppose. I was trying to go with the cheapest yet reasonable option. Good to know Oakley has excellent Rx lenses. Did you just get a standard lens or did you get a transition or a colored Rx?

7. Ry.1982

No, they did not require the frame. Call and ask for Tim.

joecool862 likes this.
  8. Ry.1982

I have Multiple Sets of X metal RX lenses from Oakley. BIP (XS), Ice Polar(XS), OO Red Iridium Polar (r1). Actually bout to get an XX in RX, but holding out to see if they offer sapphire iridium.

joecool862 likes this.
  9. XMetalAddict

XMetalAddict Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

I know Oakley do Rx lenses as I have 3 pairs. I am sure you know, but the difficulty with these frames is the curvature required from the lens. Oakley lenses I think can accommodate up to +2.00 and down to -3.00.

The reason I did not post before is that you were asking about clear lenses and I didn't think they do these.

joecool862 likes this.
  10. Skripter2k

Skripter2k Oakley Enthusiast

Juliet Ophthalmic RX Transition Lens | Oakley Forum
    I currently have 3 juliets now with RX transition done by my local shop. I have vsp insurance and they made me send them the frame for tracing and fitnent. I really love them and next time will choose the darkest transition available. The brand of lenses I received were crizal + AR non Oakley but just as good.
    Prescription lenses for a Juliet? - 4EEA75EF-6D0D-427B-8A09-CDCD19EDB57E_zpsptdwg5dq.jpg

Last edited: 3/4/15
    XMetalAddict and joecool862 like this.