• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription Lenses In Frogskins?

Hoonpupz

Oakley Beginner
I love my froggies but I hate wearing contacts with them. I thought it would be pretty cool if I could get prescription lenses for them as I would be able to interchange the lenses between the pairs and it would be quite economical and I would also look so hot and make true proper use of my froggies.

Is it possible to put prescription lenses in them?

If it is where could I get it done?

I had prescription lenses but in my Rootbeer/Cyan fades by the optometrist at Sam's Club. Pretty much any optometrist should be able to do it. I was even able to get a polarized, mirrored blue finish . . . not quite blue iridium, but close enough. The only thing I'll say is that prescription lenses tend to be much thicker than the stock lenses and caused my frames to bend in much more, making them uncomfortable to wear because I have a reasonably large head (my regular frogs fit just fine, but these became very tight, I'd say that each leg was bending in about a quarter or a third of an inch tighter). The optometrist was able to use the eyeglass bending machine to reshape them to fit my head, basically heating the plastic and stretching the frames back out, and now they fit fine; maybe a little snugger than my other frogs, but comfortable. But I would suggest doing this with a pair of cheap, common frames; you don't want to inadvertently ruin one of a run of fifty frames. ;)

That's sounds perfect for me. Froggies are a little loose on my head as is. I'll hit up my local optometrist and see what they say.

Thanks for the help

Back