• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription lenses

markh

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Hi all, it used to be you could only get prescription lenses for certain types of frame and in few colours, recently however you can get most colours in most frames, does anyone use these, apparently the problem was the curve of the lens but now it's ok ? Oh and the cost £320 for straight jackets with jade lens !!! Anyone know cheaper ?

I am guessing you are in the UK from the pricing. I recently had some Oakley Rx lenses put in my X Squared (curvature of 8) frames at Vision Express. Also had Juliet, Flacks and Wiretap done. I am not sure about cost off the top of my head, but I am sure is less than £320. Be prepared for a 3 week wait though as they now get sent to US to be done. The good news is that they now do a much wider range of prescriptions.

Alternatively, if you are near the Oakley store, they can also sort it out apparently.

There may be a limitation on some of the frames, but have seen examples of even Radars (I think it was). A single piece with two lenses with Rx at the Oakley store in Covent Garden.

Forgot to add that you may find the lens colour options are a little more limited than standard lenses, but a good range none the less.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the ex site,fairer out in America next month,wonder if it would be cheaper to send them direct with her address out there.

The RX price will vary from different dealer. When dealers say Oakley "set" the price.. That is a lie. Oakley has suggested prices to give the dealers "x" type margins, but in the end the dealer has quite a bit of room.
I just ordered the Marshal frame and called around different dealers asking for Oakley Authentic RX lenses,,and the prices fluctuate

Latest Posts

Back