1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ChristmasPi

ChristmasPi Oakley Beginner

I have a set of Oakley sunglasses with polarized lens and would like to have the lens changed to prescription lens.

The eye care center that I went to mentioned that Oakley prescriptions are not done locally but are shipped to Oakley and done by them. The cost is about $380 USD for polarized prescription lens and the process takes 10 days.

What I forgot to ask is the non prescription lens that are in my Oakley glasses at this time, do they get returned back to Oakley or are they mine to keep and will be returned by Oakley when the company finishes my prescription?

Thank you

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Just send the frame.

3. XMetalAddict

XMetalAddict Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

Agree. They only need the frame, not the lenses, so remove them before sending. I did that with my X Squared sunglasses.

4. ChristmasPi

ChristmasPi Oakley Beginner

Thank you for your responses.

Is it easy to pop the lenses out of these frames or do I need to get the eye care center to complete this for me?

5. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

Usually, a child can do it.
    Depending on the model of your Oakleys, YouTube has a crazy amount of help in that regard...

Welcome to the forum!
    :crazypilot:

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

If you're scared to do it have the eye care center pop them out for you.