• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prescription RX Lens Question, If I May

Ian in England

Oakley Beginner
I have successfully purchased normal Oakley distance glasses online without issue a couple of times - perfectly happy and vision is great with them - latest a pair of Double Taps 11/2013.

Will be ordering maybe Flaks or Racing Jackets and I am wondering if the normal prescription needs to be modified given the curve of the lens or do Oakley make an adjustment themselves? I am assuming you wouldn't need a specific prescription for for these lens. Would go for the True Digital lens.

If anyone has any experience I would be pleased to hear any thoughts.

FYI distance prescription is

R -1.25 -.50 180 axis
L -2.25 -1.50 180 axis
pd 69mm

Many thanks

Oakley True Digital is what's called a wrap compensated lens. So when Oakley makes the lens they will calculate what the rx should be based on the wrap and tilt on the frame.

I have a question, on Oakley's website, their video for prescription lenses listed -6 to +4 for their range. If your prescription is outside of this range, will they just not make the lenses or will they still make them? My wife and I have been researching prescription sunglasses for her and she is +6 in one of her eyes and +5.25 in the other.

i have 5 pairs of oakley rx sunglasses and all perceptions seem to be different. i had to take back a pair of flaks to be looked at because i couldn't even wear them without it feeling like i was going to fall over.

I have 3 pairs of Oakley sunglasses (Flak Jacket XLJ, Juliet and Wiretap) with the full works prescription lenses from Oakley and all of them are fine. :cool-20:

I would advise the Oakley lenses though, due to the curvature required for the lenses in these Sunglasses!

However, my wife had some made and she was in the same boat as sbanzer123 with the ones he returned. I think it could be to do with the pupil distance being wrong or orientation of the lens. My optician did mention that some people do not tolerate the highly curved lenses well and do not adjust :(

I have a question, on Oakley's website, their video for prescription lenses listed -6 to +4 for their range. If your prescription is outside of this range, will they just not make the lenses or will they still make them? My wife and I have been researching prescription sunglasses for her and she is +6 in one of her eyes and +5.25 in the other.

Unfortunately she would not fall into the Oakley Edge range. So Oakley would not be able to make a lens for her. Edge (+4 to -6) is also only available in certain frames, not every style.

Back