• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pretty Crappy Forum Practice On Replacement Rubbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
It's not very well known but colored rubbers are still available- not in the US but in other parts of the world.
I think its really shi**y and downright abusive when forum members list them for sale here at $100-150 which is 6 to 10 times what they cost.
I could have posted this in a recent thread in the exchange where they are being offered but that's not a cool practice either so I've posted it here in its own thread.
Caveat Emptor as usual. If you gotta have a set of white rubbers and don't mind paying TEN TIMES what they cost the seller, or don't mind paying someone an $85 premium for green, blue or red that's your value decision.
I think though that forum members should know when another member is flat out screwing them.
Especially when the seller hasn't donated to the site...

Last edited:
It's getting pretty ridiculous. If people want to scalp, they should go to Ebay or Craigslist.

Finally someone said something. I thought I was the only one noticing this.

9ehe5egy.jpg

Obviously it is difficult to prove if a seller waited for the item to be discontinued. Since the nicest items are discontinued.

But an item that was $10+$3 tax = $13 then sold for $1xx? The price should be at least somewhere close to msrp IMO.

In that case. It should be forum violation no. 8 for scalping. Otherwise, the forum rule for scalping should be re defined.

Just my 2 Oakley Penny.

Last edited:
It's not very well known but colored rubbers are still available- not in the US but in other parts of the world.
I think its really shi**y and downright abusive when forum members list them for sale here at $100-150 which is 6 to 10 times what they cost.
I could have posted this in a recent thread in the exchange where they are being offered but that's not a cool practice either so I've posted it here in its own thread.
Caveat Emptor as usual. If you gotta have a set of white rubbers and don't mind paying TEN TIMES what they cost the seller, or don't mind paying someone an $85 premium for green, blue or red that's your value decision.
I think though that forum members should know when another member is flat out screwing them.
Especially when the seller hasn't donated to the site...

Finally someone said something. I thought I was the only one noticing this.

An item that was $10+$3 tax = $13 then sold for $1xx? Wow.
It should be forum rules violation for scalping. The price should be near msrp just my 2 Oakley Penny.

Are any of these scalpers FORCING you to buy their overpriced stuff? No, they are not. Scalping is a forced practice in which an invader grabs your hair and chops of the top of your head. Since this is a seller seeing what the traffic will bear and not chopping off the top of your head, it has no impact on you. It's like if I were to complain that all the Romeos are $600 NIB when they were $315 new, and now I'm mad about it because I want one.

Are any of these scalpers FORCING you to buy their overpriced stuff? No, they are not. Scalping is a forced practice in which an invader grabs your hair and chops of the top of your head. Since this is a seller seeing what the traffic will bear and not chopping off the top of your head, it has no impact on you. It's like if I were to complain that all the Romeos are $600 NIB when they were $315 new, and now I'm mad about it because I want one.

You are correct, they are not forcing me too. Like you said, that is what scalpers do. Buy items for cheap then sell it at a ridiculous price. They don't have to force you, it is still scalping.

Last edited:
You are correct, they are not forcing me too. In that case this forum is like ebay? Any item any price?

To be black or white, yes, it is. There is still a higher standard held by most members, to pass things along at a reasonable price to others that will enjoy it. However, if you see a microbag for $100, it doesn't mean that all things have gone haywire and mutiny is on the horizon, it just means that you're going to keep clicking because the price is ridiculous.

Good deals always come along eventually, and with finite quantities, it's right place, right time. Sucks for most of us, because if we were in the right place at the right time, we wouldn't be looking for this stuff to begin with.

Last edited:
I'm just too poor. I need to sell everything for double what I paid for it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back