1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MasChingon

MasChingon Oakley Beginner

Not sure if this is the right place for this, feel free to move it around if need be.

Just a heads up...totally fake.....

Feebay Item #

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. EdsJunk

EdsJunk Oakley Beginner

What makes you think these are fake? Looks legit to me

3. v2kjokerz

v2kjokerz Oakley Enthusiast

those are fakes, one sure sign is the tip of the earstems curve outwards.

4. Soap

Soap Oakley Beginner

Yea, that's the box they issue on all the site that sell Foakleys. + the pic can't be zoomed but it looks like there aren't gaskets where they should be.
    Plasma models don't have the hammer stems either - and the seller ( which has 93.1 % feedback - Not good ) states it's a plasma frame...
    I'd say something about the color of the ice lenses since it differs from the ones i've got, but that could just be due to a certain batch lookin that way.
    Oh, and that case you see behind, is also the one you get when you buy the fakes ones.
    Doesn't take much digging on google the find'em, they'll also have some hideous color combos and long discontinued models ( Talking to you, Gold\Silver ruby lens Romeo 2 -.- )
    Hope this helps...

5. MasChingon

MasChingon Oakley Beginner

Box, bag, curved earstems are a DEAD giveaway. They're pretty good fakes and I'm sure he/she is making good money off of them.

But the biggest giveaway is the orbitals don't open up to allow lens exchange. Where's the gasket or break in the orbitals??

6. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

The staple question......ask for the serial.......

7. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

fake, fakity fake... I need to get me some of those boxes... hahahahaha... !!!!! and the classic "cloth" as they call it... hahahahahaha... !!!!!!!

8. v2kjokerz

you can do that too but not all of them have serials, not even all of them have the SKU#'s so visual inspection is the key to making sure that you have an authentic pair of Oakley X-Metals.

9. v2kjokerz

Yea but some sellers list the wrong names on their items, it can be a X-Metal XX in Plasma but list it as Plasma Juliet but it doesn't mean that they are fakes.

10. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

well, the only good thing of buying off ebay is that you can always return it and if the seller won't response then you can open a case... your money will be refunded for sure...