• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pretty sure I got hosed

I.A.O. is life

Oakley Beginner
Can anybody tell me if later gens of Juliets were clean of markings? I know they didn't have serials but most I've seen or seen pics of had the SKU on left earstem. Were there any that didn't? Took a pair in trade that passed first look but now I'm not so sure.

There are completely unmarked Juliets. The feel and build are the best determination of xmetals of its your first pair post some pics otherwise, you are alright.

There are completely unmarked Juliets. The feel and build are the best determination of xmetals of its your first pair post some pics otherwise, you are alright.

Actually they are my 3rd pair. Got 1 pair of gen 1 and 2 pairs of gen 2. They all seem slightly heavier in hand but noticeably so compared to the ones in question. Also the unmarked ones have a slight bend in the left earstem. Never heard of x metals bending bfore but I'm not real familiar with the later gens.

Here are a few. Best i could do at moment.

20160820_180720.jpg
20160820_180736.jpg
20160820_180858.jpg

Looks like an odd arm, may have been worked a bit or a transplant, but no smoking gun there that I can tell. Most of the fakes I have seen have been 'hollow', literally, often with odd bends in the orbitals, at the tips, and/or have incorrect assembly hardware, specifically odd screws and strange pins.

Regarding the weight; polishing and anodizing will generally lighten the frames up a couple of grams. Stock Juliets usually weight 42 to 44 grams fully loaded with OEM lenses and rubbers. I have seen some pairs come a gram or two lower. The polish on IH Juliets, Ichiros, and so on usually come with at the cost of some loss. Carbon pairs also come to mind here... In comparison the fakes I have encountered have been in the low-to-mid-30's. With a difference between the fakes and the real thing being just over the weight of a nickel... I don't see a 'modified' arm making more than a couple of grams difference at most. You still may want to weigh them for a sanity check.

Good Luck with the pair!

Looks legit from what we can see. That one ear stem does look jacked though. You may have to replace it, but if u got a good deal then u should have no real worries.

Latest Posts

Back